Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 3-2 (SO) - Quinn has Arrived

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Didn't see any GDT. Apparently Quinton Hughes, our latest savior, is playing.

56596-prayinghands-prayer-ThinkstockPhotos-629551932.1200w.tn.webp

In other news, a lot of people are still hurt. Tanev, Hutton, Roussel, Spooner (big, BIG loss there), and probably a bunch of people who will play for the Canucks will suck.

Markstrom won't, though. He's starting IIRC. This playoff chase is just too damn important to ride the rookie we've been waiting on since 2014.

On another note, any loss of any kind eliminates the Canucks from playoff contention.

LA sucks.

Discuss.

*edit* Yeah, it's a minimalist GDT. I didn't see the better one you made. Shut up.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver

A 35-year-old who has scored 431 NHL goals needs skills work? It’s another inexplicable decision in a season full of head-scratchers, including Desjardins deploying 11 forwards and dressing seven defensemen when playing young forwards would have accelerated the rebuilding process.

“After Willie came here, I don’t have a chance,” Kovalchuk told The Times last week. “I play five, six minutes a game.”

Blake and Robitaille’s mistake in thinking Kovalchuk would put them over the top was compounded by their mistake in hiring Desjardins as a caretaker to replace John Stevens. Desjardins will be gone after the season but Blake is in a weak position to trade Kovalchuk, who has a no-move clause.

Real good

Last edited:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I would start Demko here and maybe the Dallas game, then give Marky the last game.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I believe we could be mathematically eliminated tonight, which would be good. Then we can drop all pretense of "winning" (i.e. play Demko and shutdown anyone with nagging injuries, etc).

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
As prodding as these games are, I'm enjoying them. I'm hording these last couple games because it's going to be a long summer. Got to get as much hockey as I can while I can.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I believe we could be mathematically eliminated tonight, which would be good. Then we can drop all pretense of "winning" (i.e. play Demko and shutdown anyone with nagging injuries, etc).
I believe that wont happen. Pride and all that juicy stuff as every year.
As for this game, this for sure goes to OT & i believe we win it.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
As prodding as these games are, I'm enjoying them. I'm hording these last couple games because it's going to be a long summer. Got to get as much hockey as I can while I can.

World championship in May might get some Canuck participants.

Ep40 Boeser Horvat Markstrom

Maybe even Hughes Stecher

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
The canucks might finish the season having not beaten a playoff team in regulation after December. That is something for a team that "stayed in the race."

Why are you so fascinated and fixated with the staying in the race comment.

Were a young core and coaching staff and management wanna use it to motivate them and dangle a carrot .. what's wrong with that ??

Its like when people lose sleep over the term rebuild vs retool. Lol does it really matter

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing Hughes play with the big kids, but that's about it. Otherwise, lets just get this loss over with so we can take Old Yeller out behind the barn.

2-1 Kings

Schenn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad