Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Islanders - 6-5 (Pettersson x2, OEL, Boeser, Aman, Beauvillier)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Definitely the most engaged they've been all season.
Kinda says a lot

Miller and Boeser were fired up.

You think some of these guys feel slighted by Bo and him wanting to move on. By his lackluster efforts all too often and then goes on a heater when it matters for his pocketbook.

I mean good for Bo but was glad to see some heart in the players who are still here and hopefully want to turn the ship

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
People have such a short term memory with Bo. He presided over the most listless, emotionless and heartless era the Canucks have seen for over 30 years.

Outside of a few great solo efforts in the bubble the guy has been no show Bo every time there was a meaningful, prideful moment/game.

He is a good person and good in front of the camera but do not confound that with on ice performance.

On ice he would never be the person to do what needs to be done to win a game if he doesnt score a goal, he'll never be the guy to lay his body on the line to block shots any way possible. He won't be the guy bringing the energy on the forecheck to separate the puck and inspire his team and he will always be captain flyby when the going gets tough and the other team takes liberties with his teammates. He won't take the punishment to make the play.

He is riding the hottest of hot streaks and he milked every possible dollar out of it. 8.5 for 8?? He definitely got paid for it, if not for his hot streak, his one dimensional soft goal scoring play with face off ability wasn't worth more than 6.5. And if he wanted to be a Canuck like he said he would have accepted their pre season offer like Nugent Hopkins did before this hotstreak ever happened.

Stop idolizing this guy like some he was some underappreciated legendary Canuck. He wanted the bag and he got it, by the way, the guy people are hating on? JT? People were talking about him getting closer to 10 mil on his extension based on his career year, when the deal happened it was lauded as a good discount for him to stay with Vancouver at 8 mil. He didn't rake the Canucks over the coals for his career year or hot streak the way Mr. Canuck for life Bo did.

At the same price I take JT every damn time if my goal is to win a cup. If I want the nicest guys that are cool to cheer for I'll take Bo. JT is a way better player than Bo and at their current contracts its not even close.
That is some take on Bo. It's nice to hear the Isles fans serenading him in both games he's played while he continues to present an erect middle finger to the likes of you by scoring goal after goal. As for your last sentence we shall soon see just who is the better bang for the buck. I myself think Miller is a useless cancer who scores enough points to stay where he is but who is now, with his new contract, completely untradeable. For this team's sake you had better be right...

Reactions: Indiana and Caboose

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
So long as it works in our favour in the long run. I'd hate for the NYI to finish 12 least instead of 13th last then give us weaker pick next year.

i'd be happiest if the pick was to slide this year. if the isles end up with a pick better than 13th this year ten there's a decent chance that happens again next year.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
bo looked like he still played for us and we just lost 5 straight n that dressing room interview. needs to work on being more upbeat.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Pettersson is having an insane season. His 5v5 play might be the best in the league right now.

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
We’re doing that thing where we win a bunch of meaningless games late in the season so we can draft 15th overall again…. Yay
Still only at 21-27-4. Even if we get on a real hot streak and get back to fake ,500, we are still bottom 8. We drafted Hughes at 7 and Pettersson at 5. We have a stronger draft coming up than both those draft years (Pettersson/Hughes).

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Pettersson is having an insane season. His 5v5 play might be the best in the league right now.
If you factor in how useless the rest of his team is, he should be MVP.....well.. but at least he should get Selke nods. He's reaching his Datsyukian ceiling.

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Big Pete now Top 10 in League scoring (3rd at ES)
That’s part of the reason that a fairly quick turnaround is possible if they execute near perfect here on in. This isn’t a team in search of decently young first line offensive talent like many bottom feeders. They have that part. It’s the other areas that should be somewhat easier to address and of course effective coaching on the defensive side of things will also help.

Don’t get me wrong there is a lot of work to be done but you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad