Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Hurricanes - 2-1 (Boeser, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Max is world champion, Canucks fire Green/Benning/Weisbrod and go on a 4 game winning streak, Ajax is through to the R016 with a 6-0 record, Canucks get an actual top end coach.
WTF is up this year.

It's like everything is going right all of a sudden!

The stars have aligned temporary, next time in a hundred years.

Boudreau after game was good and outspoken, very focused on building confidence. Of course Pettersson is the first one come to think of on that theme, but B really spoke about it as a team project. There is so much untapped skill on the team, he really nailed the issue.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
We're actually very lucky that we got Podkolzin & Hoglander playing for this team. They're both still 20 years old, when was the last time we had forwards this young make the team and already showing an impact. Hoglander has more points dan Kappo Kakko.

The 2019 draft was a big success for us.

Also the 2014 draft was not about Jake Virtanen, it was about getting Demko. Demko is just elite.
Demko goes top 10 in a 2014 redraft.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So awesome to see the Canucks have a bit of puck luck and squeak out some victories.

Wish we didn't dig ourselves into such a big hole.

Also noticed that Chiasson was scratched. Good stuff.

Hate to burst your bubble, but maybe he's a bit banged up? Chiasson was shaken up last game.

Honestly, if Chiasson isn't in the lineup then Dowling is. I'm not sure who I prefer.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So awesome to see the Canucks have a bit of puck luck and squeak out some victories.
Wish we didn't dig ourselves into such a big hole. Hate to burst your bubble, but maybe he's a bit banged up? Chiasson was shaken up last game.
Honestly, if Chiasson isn't in the lineup then Dowling is. I'm not sure who I prefer.

Lockwood.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Hate to burst your bubble, but maybe he's a bit banged up? Chiasson was shaken up last game.

Personally have a significant preference for Dowling

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
At this point, keep Schenn in if he keeps going like this. Having Hamonic slither into and out of the lineup repeatedly and needing games to adjust is annoying

I doubt Hamonic is enjoying it got back to healthy played well injuries happen .

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The Scott Walker and Brad Shaw effect

0e482487-d53f-4b74-b0ca-b8bb42cc67d5.jpg

canes0510b_05-12-2009_2.jpg

it's like beating them to death with their own shoes

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think he'll go top 5 to be honest, the 2014 was not that impressive.

Probably not. It's been a while since a goalie was drafted in the top 10, nevermind top 5. Even Spencer Knight, a potential top 10 pick fell outside of the top 10.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

It should be one of the dudes in Abby like Di Giuseppe or Lockwood.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
On the Miller thing, I feel like I have a decent perspective as I have (and still do) play soccer at a decent level. Miller was one of the guys jumping up at the end of the game for the last rush, leaving two guys to defend the odd man rush the other way. One or two guys get it up and deep, but with the net empty you can’t let the odd man rush go the other way when up by only one. It’s a stupid mistake, but one of those boneheaded things where you know you mess up as soon as you do it.

Miller is clearly one of those hypercompetitive guys who expects a lot from himself. I think it’s a lot more likely that he’s going through the game/play in his head and trying to plan for next time. His eyes aren’t moving, other than to put his stick away. He’s clearly spaced out. Happens all the time.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
We're actually very lucky that we got Podkolzin & Hoglander playing for this team. They're both still 20 years old, when was the last time we had forwards this young make the team and already showing an impact. Hoglander has more points dan Kappo Kakko.

The 2019 draft was a big success for us.

Also the 2014 draft was not about Jake Virtanen, it was about getting Demko. Demko is just elite.

This goalie got drafted 2 spots earlier than Demko:

Mason McDonald Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Let that sink in. Drafting goalies is a huge gamble, luckily ours paid off. Doubly lucky JB didn't do something stupid like re-sign and protect Markstrom in the ED so Seattle could pluck Demko. If that back half performance against Vegas doesn't happen, that could have been what happened. Seattle wouldn't have had to sign Grubauer and would have had that cap space for another scorer. I much prefer this timeline.

Reactions: Grub and Indiana

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I’ve been busy the last week so haven’t really had the chance to tune in for every period. Zero periods last night. Maybe I need to continue not watching if Ws result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad