Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Hurricanes - 2-1 (Boeser, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Would be nice if he would flip that switch any game now. 1 snipe doesn't exactly erase how he played the rest of game. I mean a game winner always helps... but if we looking at process....
That was his best skating game of the season. I don't even watch him for production anymore because he doesn't even look like the same player, but he was actually moving his feet and didn't hit the glide as soon as he crossed the blueline.

Carolina was the most impressive team I've seen the Canucks play this season. Just relentless.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Little early for the 'I told you so', chief. One goal in 4 games. Come back to earth.
No doubt. I was at the game last night and in amongst all the awesomeness there’s Petey’s bambi-legs sticking out like a sore thumb…

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

coronavirus-meme-2-1.jpg

Reactions: mossey3535

likash

Apr 17, 2019
What are the chances the canucks get Covid just after they started to win some games?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
reactionary fanbase will be reactionary

so everyone is mad at pettersson right now and reevaluating his ceiling

last year, half the fanbase thought hughes was a low end phil housley

this is going to date me but once upon a time, immediately after scoring his first three goals in the league, rookie bure went ice cold for two whole months, 4 goals in 25 games between november 15 and january 15. in a week, people went from "omg this guy is the second coming of guy lafleur" to "pavel is russian for miss the net."

bure scored 27 goals in the remaining 35 games of the season, including 22 in his last 23.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
reactionary fanbase will be reactionary

so everyone is mad at pettersson right now and reevaluating his ceiling

last year, half the fanbase thought hughes was a low end phil housley

this is going to date me but once upon a time, immediately after scoring his first three goals in the league, rookie bure went ice cold for two whole months, 4 goals in 25 games between november 15 and january 15. in a week, people went from "omg this guy is the second coming of guy lafleur" to "pavel is russian for miss the net."

bure scored 27 goals in the remaining 35 games of the season, including 22 in his last 23.

i mostly agree with your general point, but Pettersson is not a rookie and at this point we are talking about 35 points in his last 55 games.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
It’s not even out of the realm of possibilities that it results in a shortened season.
We just don’t know enough about Omicron yet.
Could you image, season ends and there is another qualifier for the playoffs. Canucks get more time to practice under Boudreau and the canucks make the playoffs.

What an insane timeline that would be. :laugh:

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
It’s not even out of the realm of possibilities that it results in a shortened season.
We just don’t know enough about Omicron yet.

For sure. You never know. More likely, though, what we'll see is a lot of rescheduling due to continual outbreaks. Might very well see a reduction in the number of fans allowed in the building at some point as well.

Reactions: Indiana

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Could you image, season ends and there is another qualifier for the playoffs. Canucks get more time to practice under Boudreau and the canucks make the playoffs.

What an insane timeline that would be. :laugh:
Yeah really. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that. I’m so tired of the upheaval it’s caused already. Had to cancel my Europe vacation and our annual Kootenay camping trip. Really sucks.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
For sure. You never know. More likely, though, what we'll see is a lot of rescheduling due to continual outbreaks. Might very well see a reduction in the number of fans allowed in the building at some point as well.
Yup. All hell is breaking out in Europe and we tend to follow their trends about six weeks later.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
The thing that made me hate Green early, was the propensity for his team to lose puck battles on the sideboards.

Seems like any time a "good team over there" pressures anyone on the sides, we lose the puck.

So it's nice to see us win those battles again using the same personnel that Green had issues with.
It's because there's puck support. Opposing puck carriers are constantly challenged by 2+ Canucks at all times. That's how you win puck battles. Green's system, by contrast depended on one-on-one victories that had to also be clean wins so that they could also make a good play on the next pass. So ass-backwards and abnormal compared to basically every other team in the league.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
The penalty kill looked different. More in your face. I liked the quick 20-25 second shifts for the penalty killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad