Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 7-1 (Bure x2, Linden x2, Courtnall x2, Adams) - McLean comes up big

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The NHL should just allow us to change the jersey every 2 months. Mix and match the colour schemes with each jersey variant every once in a while for some variety. Gotta embrace the no identity or continuity between eras and it makes us unique among all professional sports.

I still don't see what's so great about the skate. The colour scheme is beautiful(red,orange,black contrast nice with the ice surface) so it nice to watch in a hockey game flow, but beside the nostalgia boner its pretty average

Still think they should reform the rink jersey if they ever want to create a new logo
So your nostalgia boner is better then their nostalgia boners?

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
What record do we need to get into the playoffs? This game is giving me a little bit of hope again :(
I don’t know if this got answered, but JPAT said the other day that with 30 games left, the team needs to go 20 and 10 to get to 94 points… not impossible since that is about there record under Bruce… but that sounds a little to much like a mathematical possibility for my liking.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Wow Canucks made the flames look terrible. Nice to watch but where is this effort throughout the year?

Demko was awesome again and looks so good in his Mclean gear. Of course we messed up his shutout sigh.

Reactions: Indiana

Nov 1, 2011
the answer is so simple it hurts.

Johnny Canuck logo (lumberjack) in the black / red/ yellow kit.

done.

upload_2022-2-25_6-1-0.png

HeLord

Feb 19, 2022
Still have a big smile on my face thinking about us owning the garbage lames!

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Still have a big smile on my face thinking about us owning the garbage lames!

I simply agree. I woke up today with a smile. Telling my kids what a great game they missed.

Now I'm going to work on a Friday "wohoo" with a big smile on my face. Love it.

Reactions: HeLord

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don’t know if this got answered, but JPAT said the other day that with 30 games left, the team needs to go 20 and 10 to get to 94 points… not impossible since that is about there record under Bruce… but that sounds a little to much like a mathematical possibility for my liking.
Need ~38pts in 29 games to get in the picture.
So need to win 9 more wins then we lose in regulation...

So 9-0-20 gets us there.. as does 19-10-0.. and everything in between...

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I keep thinking back to the early Coleman shorthanded breakaway where Demko poke checked him. The Flames were dominating that penalty kill and if they scored the opening goal there they would have had all the momentum and it would have been a completely different game. Demko is as clutch as they come.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I keep thinking back to the early Coleman shorthanded breakaway where Demko poke checked him. The Flames were dominating that penalty kill and if they scored the opening goal there they would have had all the momentum and it would have been a completely different game. Demko is as clutch as they come.
I was about to counter this by saying this team does a good job of getting back in the fight if that happens... Then I remembered the Anaheim and Islander games just happened...

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Watched the game this morning and what the hell? Hopefully this isn't a one off because the team looked faster and all around better than the Flames who I consider to be one of the more complete teams in the division.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Weird game.

I thought we played well but also that the score wasn't at all representative of the play. Game was 1-0 at the mid-way point and Demko had stood on his head to get to that point including stopping two breakaways.

Then our PP started lighting up and the wheels came off Calgary when Markstrom came out.

Top players actually played like top players and the best line wasn't the Motte line, which has been rare and was good to see.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

playoff bar right now is actually at a 97 pt pace and the Canucks don’t hold a tie breaker so they would need 98pts.

Plus people keep talking about our record under BB, but fail to take into account the original bump we got.

Since BB came in and Benning was booted I have really enjoyed following this team again and not hate watched. However it’s important to be realistic. We have like a 10% chance at the playoffs.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Definitely didn't see this coming.

Sucks that they waited so long to fire the bumbling idiots. You can clearly see that this team has played under their potential.

Miller is easily our best forward this season. When he's on, he's arguably a top 10-15 player in the entire league.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Since we have new management, does anyone thing they'll put their stamp on the team via changing jerseys on a permanent basis?
Going over twitter and reddit, everyone league wide loves these retro 90's logo/color scheme.
Not only do they look great but they're kind of more intimidating. Our blue /green jerseys look to friendly and nice imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2