Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 7-1 (Bure x2, Linden x2, Courtnall x2, Adams) - McLean comes up big

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Only in one zone. Would be worse in the others.
PK would be better tho, heh

Like I said, not his role. Do we criticize Schenn when he doesn't contribute offensively, nope. Do we celebrate like hell when he does? Oh yeah.

Reactions: quat and B-rock

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t get the dumping on Markstrom. He got a lucrative offer and took it - he deserved it. And Sutter likely told him to take the third period off given it was 5-0.

Marky worked his bag off for this team, and went through a lot in his final season with the loss of his Dad. I’ve got nothing but respect for the guy.

I just don’t want him to beat us head to head.
Yup he gets to get rich and I get to celebrate when we chase him from the Net, that’s the beauty of the player-fan relationship

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Like I said, not his role. Do we criticize Schenn when he doesn't contribute offensively, nope. Do we celebrate like hell when he does? Oh yeah.

For the amount of ice time he gets... Knowing your team isn't getting creative or skilled helped from that guy... Yeah..

Glad we moved on and tried Schmidt. Too bad the team went to shit last year...

I'm just not a Tanev fan... Appreciated that he was our glue guy back there when he was playing... But missing the games he did and being useless outside the dzone... I was glad we moved on... This game was a good example why..

That simple.. my opinion.

And lest anyone think I've flipped my opinion cuz he's an x-nuck... I can assure you I've been complaining about his powderpuff shot and being a black hole for years now..

Last edited:
Reactions: Paper Bag and Dab

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I have no illusions that the Flames arent significantly better than us...however... Where the hell was their pushback? That was pathetic. On Horvat's goal not one of their forwards even tried to come back on D. Not to mention, I thought going into the 3rd they would give a shit but instead we walked all over them. They didnt even try to play hard or goon it up... They put more energy into crying to the refs than they did playing the game. I expect a SUTTER team to care more than they did today.

Fun game to watch for sure though. Hopefully this is closer to how they play moving forward and not the Ducks game xD

OH AND PETEY IS BACK

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Hopefully Canucks can build off this big win and get on a much needed win streak.
At the end of the day, it's just 2 pts.

Lose the next game and tonight will be forgotten and back to square one.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Still crazy how Jimmy thought he would just so easily replace Tanev and Marky with better players.

Reactions: Dab

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I like the skate jersey's black yellow and red colour scheme, I just think that the logo itself is dated and busy. I thought that back in the 90's too. The skate is like a 60's style of skate, and the lines are busy. I want the Canucks word-mark back though. So update to a modern skate, get rid of the spaghetti lines, update the font on the 'Canucks' blade.

Reactions: Snatcher Demko

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I like the skate jersey's black yellow and red colour scheme, I just think that the logo itself is dated and busy. I thought that back in the 90's too. The skate is like a 60's style of skate, and the lines are busy. I want the Canucks word-mark back though. So update to a modern skate, get rid of the spaghetti lines, update the font on the 'Canucks' blade.

the answer is so simple it hurts.

Johnny Canuck logo (lumberjack) in the black / red/ yellow kit.

done.

Reactions: Paper Bag

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I watched this at a bar and someone yelled "Miller for McDavid or bust"
Thats a bit stubborn, I would be willing to take Dri if they take back Halak…

Actually that makes the Oilers stronger in net, I don’t think we need to solve all there problems

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
The NHL should just allow us to change the jersey every 2 months. Mix and match the colour schemes with each jersey variant every once in a while for some variety. Gotta embrace the no identity or continuity between eras and it makes us unique among all professional sports.

I still don't see what's so great about the skate. The colour scheme is beautiful(red,orange,black contrast nice with the ice surface) so it nice to watch in a hockey game flow, but beside the nostalgia boner its pretty average

Still think they should reform the rink jersey if they ever want to create a new logo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: