Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 5-1 (Benn, Horvat, Miller, Schmidt, Boeser)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Overall I think we deserved to win this one. We rightly took advantage of Marky's off night and Holtby was excellent.

I'm happy but can't quite shake the feeling we are at best back to the inconsistency of last season.

So far on our "playing ok" streak we're 2-2-1. Seems about right.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What a strange game. Shots and high scoring chances were basically identical but we won 5-1. One team finished there chances and one didn’t.

Agreed. Other than the Horvat line I thought we didn’t play great, but made the most of our opportunities. Great game by Holtby

Reactions: Ginger Papa

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Really like this win. Calgary played decently for the most part, but the Canucks just overpowered them. Even when Calgary had that good zone time, the Canucks did a good job of containing them and not giving up grade a scoring chances.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Yikes. The advanced stats for that 4th line.
200.gif

The Myers/Juolevi pairing not great either but their long shifts in the D zone were almost always when they were on the ice with that 4th line.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Looks like Marky may be cracking under the fatigue. Flames are running him into the ground.

Happy with the boys tonight, even Jake had some noticeable shifts. Playoffs are still a long shot, but let's see if we can get consistent play like this today

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Overall I think we deserved to win this one. We rightly took advantage of Marky's off night and Holtby was excellent.

I'm happy but can't quite shake the feeling we are at best back to the inconsistency of last season.

So far on our "playing ok" streak we're 2-2-1. Seems about right.

I think they deserved better. Outplayed the Leafs in a big way for the first 40 minutes and they definitely outplayed the Flames overall in these last four games.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Calgary might actually run Markstrom into the ground this season. He’s not exactly a very durable goalie. He’s a good goalie, I think he’s far more effective as a platooning goalie with a decent backup. Rittich has only played two games so far.
If Markstrom goes down with an injury, their goaltending duo becomes Rittich-Domingue.

I was also seeing this. You can see the decision-making falter when he's sort of gassed. That said I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Calgary might actually run Markstrom into the ground this season. He’s not exactly a very durable goalie. He’s a good goalie, I think he’s far more effective as a platooning goalie with a decent backup. Rittich has only played two games so far.
If Markstrom goes down with an injury, their goaltending duo becomes Rittich-Domingue.
Agreed, they're going to burn him out..Doesnt help having your backup sit cold for extended periods either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad