Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 5-1 (Benn, Horvat, Miller, Schmidt, Boeser)

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
source.mp4

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Boeser pacing for 50 goals now.

The flames are in such an ugly situation. Bizarre offseason for them giving out those contracts and going all in for that shitty core.
They have an identity to uphold - perennial mediocrity. Can't go too high or too low.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Wow, what a turnaround for Bo -- nice to see him looking like himself. Also loved Holtby this game. So cool and calm.

Still distressing to notice that even the flames are far better along the boards than the Canucks are, and also are much more together looking when transitioning and leaving their zone. That's something this team still needs to get worked out.

It's pretty obvious that Vancouver is trending up, and Calgary are trending down right now in terms of play quality, and it's very good news, because that means we're very likely to pass them in the standings. We've gone through the tough part of the schedule in terms of games played in a short period of time, and they're just approaching theirs. And to top it off, they're already starting to run Marky into the ground instead of being smart with how much they play him.

Hoggle is slowly becoming my favourite character from the movie Labyrinth -- oops, I mean my favourite Canuck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad