Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 8-5 (Kuzmenko x3, Horvat x2, Pettersson, Miller, Joshua)

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
The guys with multiple goals BoHo and AK are not here next year. Both for sure aren’t (that’s simple math) but maybe 1??
Or maybe they sign both of them and move someone else? Who knows....simple math rarely involves any trade scenarios over the next 8 months

Reactions: Ozone

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
For the first time this season, the team looked dominant offensively. Something to build off of?

Pettersson playing at a Selke level while on a 100 point pace. That's a very rare player. I hope that Allvin can find the right pieces to build around this guy, because if we start the whole process over, we are likely not to get a Pettersson level player again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Nice to see the goals going in, but hard not to reach the conclusion that these are two of the worst teams in the NHL and they played like it.

Awful turnovers; poor defensive coverage and atrocious on the PK. The Canucks now occupy their rightful place of 32nd and last in the NHL on the PK. And the Ducks record another 3-3 night. So it means the Canucks are under 60 percent on the PK. I mean how can a team expect to win when your PK is giving up goals in 4 out of every 10 penalties they take?

And not to put too fine a point on it.... but in what parallel universe are Dries and Stillman any kind of upgrade over Rathbone and Hoglander. Are you kidding me? Come on Bruce, get with the program.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
annoying but very doable
no it’s not

the management group targeted a two year turn around which would begin with the hardest three years of oel buyout caphit (2.4, 4.8, 4.8)

if they’re buying him out during those years, they’re shooting themselves in the foot. they should retain OEL down closer to 5-5.5 and see what it costs to get rid of him at that price

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
no it’s not

the management group targeted a two year turn around which would begin with the hardest three years of oel buyout caphit (2.4, 4.8, 4.8)

if they’re buying him out during those years, they’re shooting themselves in the foot. they should retain OEL down closer to 5-5.5 and see what it costs to get rid of him at that price
I really don't want to trade away more high picks(which would be the cost), to me it's a slippery slope with the "they're going for it with this core during these next 3-4 years" logic. Because then what's stopping management from shopping around their 1st round pick this year too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad