Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Devils - 6-3 (Horvat x 2, Hunt, Hoglander, Pearson, Lammikko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Well, like Bruce likes to believe - it’s about winning your week. They need to get two of the next three.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Listening to the 2 John’s bantering really gives me an appreciation for their chemistry. So many other Broadcasts are wooden and similar. I often feel like I’m watching the Game with a couple of my buddies with these two.

At least they don't scream into the mic like some radio announcers in other markets like Edmonton, but while Shorthouse is fine, I wish we could move on from Garrett and bring in someone with more insight into the modern game. I get that he's like a loveable grandpa, but while Hirsch was a bit rough, at least he had interesting things to say about the goaltending. Garrett just kind of repeats what he sees and didn't play in the modern, post-deadpuck era.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
At least they don't scream into the mic like some radio announcers in other markets like Edmonton, but while Shorthouse is fine, I wish we could move on from Garrett and bring in someone with more insight into the modern game. I get that he's like a loveable grandpa, but while Hirsch was a bit rough, at least he had interesting things to say about the goaltending. Garrett just kind of repeats what he sees and didn't play in the modern, post-deadpuck era.
John Garrett is the GOAT in terms of food-related commentary though.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
On a negative note. Brock Boesers been completely useless once again tonight.
He wasnt noticeable bad just not noticeable which for him shouldn't be .
He actually improved his shot and his defensive game this season, have you even been watching him play for the last few years?

Shot is weak and something he should be spending hours a day on bets are a 1000 kids getting paid 0 a yr do and ive watched every canucks d man since 70s .
Hes talented small and needs to use smarts and work to be more than he is if hes going to lead or be a part of leading a team to more success.
Wtf do i know though i should be napping like a granpa only played 38 yrs coach now .

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
John Garrett is the GOAT in terms of food-related commentary though.
Put him on the post-game show then lol... I don't dislike Garrett at all, I just wish we had someone else who can say insightful things about the game without just repeating what he sees during replays.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Rather have Prust and Gudbranson back playing nightly
2F7AFBB7-0C30-4598-A804-1A04141AC100.gif

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Good win - I was worried this one was going to get away from them when they blew the 2-0 lead, but they knuckled down and got it done. Also nice to break that bizarre losing skid to New Jersey.

Looked iffy there mid 2nd till shorty for sure

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
He wasnt noticeable bad just not noticeable which for him shouldn't be .

Shot is weak and something he should be spending hours a day on bets are a 1000 kids getting paid 0 a yr do and ive watched every canucks d man since 70s .
Hes talented small and needs to use smarts and work to be more than he is if hes going to lead or be a part of leading a team to more success.
Wtf do i know though i should be napping like a granpa only played 38 yrs coach now .
I legit dont know why you are on a rant rn
guys been amazing the moment since he put on the canucks sweater.

If you want a shitty defender to bitch about we have about 6 more of them.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I remember now
It was the conditions that PLD dropped and we traded 5th overall for Subban in 2017 or whatever draft that was.

LOL my god,

Subban is brutal, he was so bad tonight
I only heard about that recently. It is STAGGERING that we could have somehow left that draft day with a worse result than we actually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad