Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Devils - 6-3 (Horvat x 2, Hunt, Hoglander, Pearson, Lammikko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Some bodies just don’t have the mechanics for it.

That said, what ever happened to thunderous shots from the points ?

It’s been a while since we have had a point shot and it used to be basically required
Reading this reminds me of Salos god like slapshots/one-timers
I would not want to get in the way of that f***ing shot.

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

It’s been a while since we have had a point shot and it used to be basically required

Doesn't get through the shot blockers. But should be used more often than it is as a changeup at least.

Reactions: bbud

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Its more find a way maybe wrist shot but it is a skill they can improve either with better decisions improve mechanics.
Agree how many actual dmen have bombs now not many .

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Duncan Keith didnt have a good shot, has anybody ever said Duncan Keith and good shot in the same sentence
Hard enough to get through and quick at right time can be as lethal as a heavy hard shot sometimes its better when rebound stays where its more dangerous.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
It was rumored to be the 5th overall and Horvat for Subban. Conditional in PLD being there for Montreal to take.

One of many examples where ol Jimbo was saved from himself.
Yeah thats what I remember it being too....imagine that now

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
"Rumored" aka maybe only a 40% chance of it being real at any point.

It was confirmed by Vancouver to Friedman
“Vancouver has confirmed this to me. There was a chance the Canucks were going to get PK Subban that night. The problem was that Pierre-Luc Dubois was not going to fall to Vancouver’s pick, because Montreal knew Columbus was taking him. If Montreal believed that Dubois was going to be available at five, PK Subban could have been a Vancouver Canuck.”

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
As John Garrett says, just get it through. It's 1000 times more important to get your shot through traffic than it is for it to be hard. That, and the point shot is covered so much better now. You look at games now vs. games even 10-15 years ago, and you'll be amazed and wonder to yourself why defenceman would seem to be on an island with the amount of time they had. It was crazy. Now, if you so much as wound up, it would be a quick poke-check and suddenly you as the D-man are backchecking.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
almost every game we can say that JT miller will always get on the scoresheet. weather its assists or goals. even when he doesn't score. he's making plays. kind like the twins did. have a quiet night without scoring and still manage to have 2/3 point night.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Actually not really no. He’s looked average for the last month.

He’s middle of the pack in both SP% and GAA and at the bottom of the pack in shutouts.

He’s good but over rated in this market compared to the entire NHL.
Terrible take; however, I don't browse these forums much and I assume you're a satire account?

Reactions: bh53

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Not really its a tough league how many last 5 yrs ? And smaller and skill guys especially dmen have to take a lot of hits it takes a toll.
Wait a second. You've been posting that the only reason that defensively improved 70 point Hughes doesn't have a decent shot that he can get through for tips and such is due to laziness, yet here you're saying even staying in the league for five years is tough.

You couldn't have posted two more condractory posts if you were trying!

Also, didn't you post earlier that you had a seven year old grand daughter that had a harder shot than Hughes? If that's true (the fact you have a grand daughter, not so much that she owns a shot that ranks high in the best hockey league in the world), factually that makes you a Grandpa. So what's the big deal when some calls you that?

For a little perspective, not everyone on these boards was born after the Canucks entered the league.

I'm also interested in hearing more about your 13 years as a paid fighter!

Reactions: bh53 and LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Wait a second. You've been posting that the only reason that defensively improved 70 point Hughes doesn't have a decent shot that he can get through for tips and such is due to laziness, yet here you're saying even staying in the league for five years is tough.

You couldn't have posted two more condractory posts if you were trying!

Also, didn't you post earlier that you had a seven year old grand daughter that had a harder shot than Hughes? If that's true (the fact you have a grand daughter, not so much that she owns a shot that ranks high in the best hockey league in the world), factually that makes you a Grandpa. So what's the big deal when some calls you that?

For a little perspective, not everyone on these boards was born after the Canucks entered the league.

I'm also interested in hearing more about your 13 years as a paid fighter!
You know I’m actually pretty curious as well but he said he won’t forgive me Even after the apology so guess imma miss out

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
So improving a shot which he can do isnt acceptable idea lmao yep thats how best get better always.

Sure, if that’s your only criticism of him then that’s fair, and I’m sure he’s aware that’s his current deficiency; and I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes his entire summer working on his shot and getting it through more often. However, all it takes is for us to go back to in your message history to.. *checks notes* YESTERDAY, where you had these comments about him: “he’s skilled but so lazy”, “he’s one dimensional”, “he should be a healthy scratch”.

I’m assuming you think he’s lazy because he doesn’t have to go 110 MPH every shift in order to keep up with the play like Luke Schenn has to? (Not a slight on Schenn, love him as a player). Due to Quinn having exceptional vision on the ice he’s able to slow the game down and make the right play 93% of the time. Classic adage of work smarter not harder.

One-dimensional? I must have missed it where defensive acumen (replacing OEL as PK1), elite passing, vision and zone entries was considered “one-dimension”. What’s missing? Truculence and a massive one-timer…? Dudes 5’10, get over yourself Burkey.

Overreacting to one tough game saying he should be a healthy scratch…? Sure. Let’s throw Tucker Poolman out there to take on Quinn’s 22 minutes of ice. See how that goes for us.

If you’re going to be cynical, talk about the teams lack of direction, Stanley cup chances or continued flip-flopping ahead of this deadline. Pack up your solo tent on the QH43 hate island and come enjoy life on the mainland. Worked for Tom Hanks, should work for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad