Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Boeser, Miller)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Despite playing a lot of hockey, he’s never figured out how to use his size and strength. It’s like he can either go full power or nothing. No in-between.

Myers won the Calder Trophy and that was it for him, he peaked. Since then, he's been using his size as an excuse that he's a good hockey player. Guy can be a Chara or Pronger type player but he never evolved from 'just being tall'.

Once Jimbo gave him that 6 million over 6 years, he relaxed back in Kelowna property and just cashing in those sweet checks.

Reactions: wonton15

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
There is so much more structure and feels much more controlled and slow compared to that WJC game lol

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I really dont prefer when pettersson plants himself infront of the goalie as a net front presence, hes to good and creative to just be standing like a brick wall getting cross checked.

Reactions: canuckking1

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I said the same thing a few GDTs ago and was coming to post again. I’m just not a fan and it’s a shame they haven’t found anyone to replace Donnelly and Loney.

Just find someone with a decent voice who sings it quickly and by the book. It shouldn’t be that hard. Edmonton and Calgary both have someone who can do that.

Reactions: Vector

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
So frustrating that it takes Miller a minimum of 3 seconds of brain processing time before he does anything with the puck on the pp….usually gives it away immediately after

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That was a different look on the PP with Hughes going to the net and Petey blasting from the point.

Hughes at the point doesn't really shoot the puck, he just passes to whomever. I wish he developed a shot for real, he would be lethal from the point.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Interesting matchup decision by bruce unless horvat and petey are dead tired from that short pp.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Hughes at the point doesn't really shoot the puck, he just passes to whomever. I wish he developed a shot for real, he would be lethal from the point.
Yep, a cannon from the point is a weapon we’ve lacked for some time now...because Hughes has a muffin shot it takes away an element to his game that would make him even more effective weapon.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Is Myers vegan?
1672975275690.png

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yep, a cannon from the point is a weapon we’ve lacked for some time now...because Hughes has a muffin shot it takes away an element to his game that would make him even more effective weapon.

Hughes needs to learn from Sami Salo on how to blast that thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad