Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Boeser, Miller)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Oh great pouty Miller who is so good at 5v5 is on EP’s line. Let’s see just how much he can drag Petey down

• Haha
Reactions: Diogenes92

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I hope not. Just let EP continuing working on his faceoffs. It's not like winning 5 more faceoff a game is going to lead us to the Cup anyways.
Only issue is that there is only one natural center on the team that is proficient at that ability (and he's on an expiring contract).

Oh great pouty Miller who is so good at 5v5 is on EP’s line. Let’s see just how much he can drag Petey down
heh, just have him take the faceoff & get the **** off the ice.:naughty:

Reactions: supercanuck

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Only issue is that there is only one natural center on the team that is proficient at that ability (and he's on an expiring contract).

I do see that point, but really what is the difference b/n losing 4-1 instead of 5-1? Would just much rather have EP work on it in-game.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
let's not forget that Miller carried mopey Petey and Boeser for a good part of last season

Petey will hopefully return the favour

Reactions: sting101

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I put 20$ down on the Canucks tk win, even though I said I’d never do it again. Everything points to them losing so they’ll win 5-3.

Reactions: December5th

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
let's not forget that Miller carried mopey Petey and Boeser for a good part of last season

Petey will hopefully return the favour
A lot of posters forget this...and he also carried the team the previous season, when EP went down with a wrist injury in the North division season.

EP was a non factor the last two seasons..Miller was carrying the team.

Reactions: sting101

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Boudreau is 'walking back' some of the comments he made on the post-game presser last night, calling out the players. Now he's reversed himself, saying this latest round of losing is 'his fault'.

You have to really feel for a guy like Boudreau, a career coach who's been a stand-up guy and successful wherever he's been. But this floundering excuse for a hockey team has tried his patience and probably led to his outburst.

But he's in almost a 'no win' situation. The GM wants him gone, and he probably would be by now if the owner wasn't too cheap to pay for two coaches and a fired GM. Short of making the playoffs and going on an extended run, Boudreau is history after the last game of the season, and he knows it.

At 67, this might be Boudreau's last head-coaching gig.....a very sad ending for a guy who's been behind the bench for more than 600 wins and has never coached a losing season, until he landed in hockey's gulag in Vancouver.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
A lot of posters forget this...and he also carried the team the previous season, when EP went down with a wrist injury in the North division season.

Lol, this is revisionist history. Miller didn't carry the team in the north division, and he was met with hefty criticism for his poor play at 5v5 and sulking. Boeser, Demko and Hoglander were the engines of the team that year.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Probably win this game. Aves are to injured right now. Mac is good, but not good enough to score like 3+ by himself.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I see Boudreau is 'walking back' some of the comments he made on the post-game presser last night, calling out the players. Now he's reversed himself, saying this latest round of losing is 'his fault'.

You have to really feel for a guy like Boudreau, a career coach who's been a stand-up guy and successful wherever he's been. But this floundering excuse for a hockey team has tried his patience and probably led to his outburst.

But he's in almost a 'no win' situation. The GM wants him gone, and he probably would be by now if the owner wasn't too cheap to pay for two coaches and a fired GM. Short of making the playoffs and going on an extended run, Boudreau is history after the last game of the season, and he knows it.

At 67, this might be Boudreau's last head-coaching gig.....a very sad ending for a guy who's been behind the bench for more than 600 wins and has never coached a losing season, until he landed in hockey's gulag in Vancouver.

Hp1Ha3L0Ha9NqE_WFkEaReqfWss=.gif

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Nathan MacKinnon has feasted on the Canucks in recent years. Feels like he has way more than his career 23 points in 21 games versus Vancouver.

The Canucks are totally Jekyll and Hyde. Could be a gutsy win, or an enormously deflating blowout. Anyone got a coin to toss?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Please POM.

You can state that Petey was bad for the first half of last season and that Miller was fantastic the entire season without rewriting history about Miller's mopey, whining north division season.

The criticism he was getting was the exact same as he is facing now.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Please POM.

You can state that Petey was bad for the first half of last season and that Miller was fantastic the entire season without rewriting history about Miller's mopey, whining north division season.

The criticism he was getting was the exact same as he is facing now.

I think a fair summary would be to say that Miller has been: good, bad, good, bad, in terms of his seasons with Vancouver.

First season? Excellent. Terrific regular season, and carried that over into the bubble where he was one of our best players.

Bubble season? Maybe bad isn't the right word, but a far cry from his previous year. Saw a lot of the F Bombs, the poor defensive play, etc.

Last season? Excellent. You want more out of him at 5 on 5, but he was one of the few who started the year ready to play, and a 99-point season is hard to ignore.

This season? His worst. By a long shot.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Who cares where Miller plays?

This is Colorado they are playing. They are outside of the playoffs and just getting some players back, well maybe just McKinnon so I expect a similar type of return as Petey had.

Miller at center, wing or left right out is not likely to make a difference

Colorado in a walk.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I doubt it actually happens, but the projected lines with Miller on EP's RW and Pederson as the extra guy are setup perfectly for a 'surprise' Miller scratch.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I doubt it actually happens, but the projected lines with Miller on EP's RW and Pederson as the extra guy are setup perfectly for a 'surprise' Miller scratch.
It wouldn’t be surprising.

Boudreau has incentive to do it. He’s probably cooked as a coach, might as well go out of the league with some final f*** yous.

I would do it. I am petty.

Reactions: m9

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Boudreau has incentive to do it. He’s probably cooked as a coach, might as well go out of the league with some final f*** yous.

He won't even sit Myers for a few games. I wish he would.

Reactions: Grantham

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Hmm...they may as well try this then:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Miller

Put the team's 2 best defensive forwards with Miller and allow him to just go on offense. Hopefully, EP is playing at such an elite level that he can still do his thing while still covering up for JT. Mikheyev would need to focus on defense for sure.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Nah. Boudreau is coaching for his next job. He won't risk alienating key vets (who know he'll be gone soon anyways).

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad