Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Boeser, Miller)

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Avs will steamroll the Canucks en route to roaring back to life for the second half of the year (our village will be burned)

:avs 7

MacKinnon
Rantanen
Lehkonen
Nichushkin
Makar
Newhook
Compher

:nucks 2

Pettersson
Horvat

Last edited:
Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Visiting teams have a winning formula against the Canucks......play it close to the vest for a period or so, weather an inevitable early push from the Canucks, and then just wait for the mistakes.

Sooner or later the Canucks will unravel in a close game. It'll be a penalty they can't kill off; a neutral zone turnover; a bad line change; or one of the inevitable cough-ups from their d-men.

And once the Canucks get behind on home ice against a decent defensive team--forget about it. Canucks need to pounce on the Av's early. Not going to be easy.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
First game live since the Myers 3 on 0 st Louis game. Feels weird to want to lose. Glad I get to watch two or three future hall of famers at least.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nah. Boudreau is coaching for his next job. He won't risk alienating key vets (who know he'll be gone soon anyways).
Judging from his comments regarding being a coach before this season started, I get the vibe that he will retire at the end of this season...He also owns a hockey team, and has quite a few businesses back east.

Its a shame that he has to end it off on such a miserable year.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Given the Bedard sweepstakes, if we win games, we lose. If we lose games, we win (better odds at least).

If Petey can get Miller going, then we have a better chance of trading him at the deadline.

Reactions: Ozone

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Given the Bedard sweepstakes, if we win games, we lose. If we lose games, we win (better odds at least).

If Petey can get Miller going, then we have a better chance of trading him at the deadline.

They aren't testing him. They prioritised him over Horvat and they are going to lose Horvat. They want to be competitive, they won't lose both.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Please POM.

You can state that Petey was bad for the first half of last season and that Miller was fantastic the entire season without rewriting history about Miller's mopey, whining north division season.

The criticism he was getting was the exact same as he is facing now.
Agreed that EP was bad for the first half last season (and wasnt elite Pete until the 75% mark).

Miller didnt have a bad year in the North season year..Yes, certain posters got upset about his swearing, stick slamming etc..but Miller took over EP's spot at centre and embraced it...Miller and Demko both picked the team up until they all got sick.

This season isnt going well for Miller..If you're demonstrating poor body language, you have to back it up on the ice.

"Miller finished second in team scoring this season with 46 points (15-31) in 53 games while linemate Brock Boeser had 49 points (23-26) in 56 outings. Miller did lead in stick slams, stick snaps and F-bombs as the pressure to turn around a 6-11-0 start mounted. The Canucks averaged the fourth-most penalty minutes per game and Miller was fourth in team minors.

However, he did embrace a move to the middle because an engaged and disciplined Miller can be a game-changer. An enraged Miller becomes error prone with bad zone exit passes, especially of the cross-ice variety, and being stripped of the puck in the offensive zone by simply trying to do too much individually. He led forwards in giveaways, but was second in take-aways and played as advertised — high risk and high reward.
“I like playing in the middle,” Miller said. “It suits my game well and there’s stuff I’m still learning. But I enjoyed the commitment to both ends and it makes you more engaged and I liked the matchup role against top centres."..The Province.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Games with the Avs tend to be scoring feasts on both sides, so I'm looking forward to seeing some beauty goals.
Good test for Delia tonight.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Allvin and Jim gonna pull the plug on Bruce after today?
I dont think they can justify firing him if they haven't really changed anything on the roster..I think they are just going to ride out the season with Bruce, regardless of the results.

Just counting down the days., till the end of the season.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I dont think they can justify firing him if they haven't really changed anything on the roster..I think they are just going to ride out the season with Bruce, regardless of the results.

Just counting down the days., till the end of the season.

Another wasted season, 11 years and counting.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I only count 9, I don't think and Gillis year was wasted even his last year when we sucked.

I think it's a wasted year. Gillis wanted to rebuild going into that season, so even he knew that core was cooked.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I only count 9, I don't think and Gillis year was wasted even his last year when we sucked.

Getting swept by the Sharks in 2013 playoffs which lead to AV being dismissed, then getting Torts who clearly was just here to collect paychecks.

The last 2 years of the Gillis era sucked.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Getting swept by the Sharks in 2013 playoffs which lead to AV being dismissed, then getting Torts who clearly was just here to collect paychecks.

I think it's a wasted year. Gillis wanted to rebuild going into that season, so even he knew that core was cooked.

I don't think they were wasted, the sharks year was a year you still have to go for it after being a President trophy winning team that lost without your MVP to a team who walked to the cup.

The year after that I think only looks like it was wasted when you combine it with what Beinning did. Gillis started a transition and then get axed.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Agreed..at the end of that series,it was clear to all that they should have blown it up..

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I had that thought as well. Let Yeo run the team for the rest of the year.
Mike Yeo is the ultimate 'tank commander'...he's' taken over a number of teams in mid-season as they limped towards a high draft pick.

But Boudreau isn't going anywhere......looking at the January schedule, barring some sort of miracle turnaround, the Canucks will be a 'dead team skating' by the end of the month. They'll let his contract play out and deal with the coaching situation in the off-season.

Most pundits have been saying it all along......the only thing that really matters this year for the Canucks is the TDL and the draft. On the ice, it's just another lost season as part of the Jim Benning hangover.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Agreed..at the end of that series,it was clear to all that they should have blown it up..

Yeah they should've blown it up after the 2013 season, clearly this team was on the mends and changes needed to happen. There was no point of getting Torts and he clearly was not the main man to push this team. Outside of the locker room brawl with Calgary, his noteworthy stance was he told the media this core is 'stale' and it needed to change.

I'm pretty sure Aquaman had his fingerprints all over that signing, that was a bad fit from the get go.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Yeah they should've blown it up after the 2013 season, clearly this team was on the mends and changes needed to happen. There was no point of getting Torts and he clearly was not the main man to push this team. Outside of the locker room brawl with Calgary, his noteworthy stance was he told the media this core is 'stale' and it needed to change.

I'm pretty sure Aquaman had his fingerprints all over that signing, that was a bad fit from the get go.

I've never seen an owner sit in for a coaches hiring presser. Nepotism was large with that hire.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I've never seen an owner sit in for a coaches hiring presser. Nepotism was large with that hire.

What was Aquaman thinking when he got Torts? Yeah that hire reeked of nepotism from the start, Torts was way in over his head. His aggressive style was not fit for this team, the writing was on the wall soon in December when this team just absolutely fell off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad