OT: Canucks.com Forums shutting Down

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Still remember that goal like it was yesterday. :laugh:

And the trade...where it was like...Zack Kassian? What??? Even if it ultimately didn't really amount to much for anyone.
Wasn’t there a time where the whole city was on the Kassian hype train?

Reactions: vanuck

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I never even glanced at it during the Benning era. I can only imagine.

I think my time there was during the Burke era. I just remember a handful of posters who would try and have a conversation, and they’d get drowned out by a variety of lowest common denominator types.

I do vividly remember any time Matt Cooke came up that threads were derailed by fans gushing over how cute he was.

I never bothered with the CDC since I only became a fan much later than most. By that point, I was already here. HF was by far the best option for English Hab fans. So it made sense I just migrated a few sections down. :laugh:

I did pop over there a little during the Benning era just out of curiosity though. There was a much bigger divide it seemed on whether he was doing a decent job or downright incompetent.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

He was that ‘missing’ piece of a bruising power forward that this lacked since Bertuzzi, unfortunately he played like ass when he was here and also had other things going on in his life.

The next Lucic they said, the second coming of Bertuzzi they said.

Good grief.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There's another world where if Kassian is in a better place personally and we are better at developing players that he's some sort of playmaking top six enforcer

Like 2014-2020 kassian should have been putting up good numbers. He was effective at ES and he had the intelligence to be a PP playmaker as well.

I think if you simulate his career 1000 times, what it actually ended up as is like the 10th percentile of outcomes

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
There's another world where if Kassian is in a better place personally and we are better at developing players that he's some sort of playmaking top six enforcer

Like 2014-2020 kassian should have been putting up good numbers. He was effective at ES and he had the intelligence to be a PP playmaker as well.

I think if you simulate his career 1000 times, what it actually ended up as is like the 10th percentile of outcomes
That isn’t the fault of the team. Kassian was an out of control party animal. Not saying you said that but it’s been said multiple times. The morons screwed up enough other shit that i can’t fault them for Kassian’s problems.

He should be a more skilled version of Marcus Foligno and making good coin right now. He salvaged a career but he could have been a difference maker.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I never bothered with the CDC since I only became a fan much later than most. By that point, I was already here. HF was by far the best option for English Hab fans. So it made sense I just migrated a few sections down. :laugh:

I did pop over there a little during the Benning era just out of curiosity though. There was a much bigger divide it seemed on whether he was doing a decent job or downright incompetent.
Until perhaps 2020 there were quite a few who considered him brilliant. There was a thread about whether he was the best gm in the league about 3 years ago and posters that would refer to his moves as 3d chess. Towards the end of the Benning era things generally settled down and the divide was essentially what you describe.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I think the closure had something to do with the Rachel Dorrier situation. Not it specifically but what if there was theoretically libelous comments being posted on a team owned site ? That would open up the company to more trouble. An easy fix would be to just shut the forum down. So that's probably what happened.

It is always a tragedy when a forum shuts down from the early 2000's. Nothing beats forums. Certainly not "social media"

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Deb ruined the forum
Complete koolaid drinker that abused her power as an admin. Banned people for made up reasons yet she was the the biggest abuser on the site.

Agreed but if it werent her it wouldve been another bootlicker who did ownerships dirtywork for free
That is very true. Question coaching, get warned. question the gm, get a warning

Complete propaganda puppet

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Complete koolaid drinker that abused her power as an admin. Banned people for made up reasons yet she was the the biggest abuser on the site.

That is very true. Question coaching, get warned. question the gm, get a warning

Complete propaganda puppet
That nonsense just continued in to the new forum. Real shame, they had a chance to build something nice and...
:booboo:

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Sup warhippy glad you made the jump. f*** that place
I jumped about 3 years ago but more lurk around here than anything

Why what happened?
They couldn't pry Vintage over so that's a black mark. Mods just kind of do what they want how they want and don't follow any actual guidelines so no coffee in the morning means bad mood and everyone gets a suspension. They don't follow prospects like they used to and every potential rumour is just the same 9 guys talking about how Petey needs to take a $13 million contract now and that garland and AB need to go so they can bring in Scott Walker or whatever.

It's basically like a 45 person echo chamber where some of the best and most knowledgeable people have either given up or been suspended

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I jumped about 3 years ago but more lurk around here than anything

They couldn't pry Vintage over so that's a black mark. Mods just kind of do what they want how they want and don't follow any actual guidelines so no coffee in the morning means bad mood and everyone gets a suspension. They don't follow prospects like they used to and every potential rumour is just the same 9 guys talking about how Petey needs to take a $13 million contract now and that garland and AB need to go so they can bring in Scott Walker or whatever.

It's basically like a 45 person echo chamber where some of the best and most knowledgeable people have either given up or been suspended
heh, I've gotten one infraction here and none there.:sarcasm::naughty:

(to be fair, I mainly just lurk over there)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I was a big poster on that site with over 10,000 likes and then called out Deb for flaming me and get permanently suspended by her. Completely used the suspend button for her own agenda

Karma Deb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2