OT: Canucks.com Forums shutting Down

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I got banned for being different than the mass's on CDC. so I ended up here. F that place.

Ya that's the person that banned me.
Where will she end up? She must be pretty enraged. That board was a massive part of her life.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Where will she end up? She must be pretty enraged. That board was a massive part of her life.
She's already on the replacement forum, as an administrator.

I'm too lazy to click around, but I wonder if there is any sort of effort to archive the old forum's contents.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
I migrated over after my account got deleted somehow.spent almost ten years never got warnings or suspended for conversations.It was good when I first started and around the end the only time I was on "Canucks Talk" was for game day threads.Player discussion is super boring for me cause everything is speculation and most of the information is never shared with the fans.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I must still have a 20+ year old account on there. I am sad to see any online community disappear but Canucks.com was to the Canucks what Jonestown was to Jim Jones. Still fun to go on there once in awhile to see what the party line was and the complete levels of delusional thinking on there.

• Haha
Reactions: Play and Kryten

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Wasn't a perfect forum but was fun enough for a few years. Was blindly homercentric to a ridiculous point at times though. The anti-HF.

Something in the middle would be nice.
It goes against the nature of online forums though. People only really converse with stuff they disagree with. And that makes the most extreme opinions the ones ghat get the air time. 90 percent are lurkers that are more moderate and don’t post…

I belong to hobby forums and when people ask questions for advice, that gets lots of posts, but in hobbies people are actually trying to accomplish something, instead of just watching someone trying to accomplish something…

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
there is no middle ground to whatever the canucks were doing from 2013-2022

it was just bad. the end of the gillis era, the entire benning era, the portion of new management where they decided to seriously go into a season with myers/oel/re-signing boeser/coaching mess etc and literally waste a year

idc there’s no middle grounding that

if anyone disagrees with me on this i dont really care

think the arguments in 2023 have seemingly been more middle ground-y because.. well.. we are in the murky middle right now

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
She's already on the replacement forum, as an administrator.

I'm too lazy to click around, but I wonder if there is any sort of effort to archive the old forum's contents.
Well she absolutely thirsts for the power. I was briefly a member there and mostly just read some of the content but she seems like she’s basically a cyber bully with a badge.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Well she absolutely thirsts for the power. I was briefly a member there and mostly just read some of the content but she seems like she’s basically a cyber bully with a badge.
I remember seeing your name over there. I definitely had my issues with her, called her out on a DM once, told her she needs to be open to both sides if your going to be a mod. Her problem was she wanted to interact with so many posters on things she didn't want to agree on, but her approach made you have arguments to defend your stance, but because she was a mod she has the power to stop you, even though she was the one who started it by always interacting to create it.

Reactions: HairyKneel

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Wasn't a perfect forum but was fun enough for a few years. Was blindly homercentric to a ridiculous point at times though. The anti-HF.

Agreed. These two boards have for so long been the opposite ends of the fan spectrum, the two extremes. The vapid, waaay too much of a fanboy/fangirl that won't stand for criticism of the Canucks, and the overly negative anti-fandom of "I want *nothing* good to happen for this team because I don't like the management/owner". And for all of us somewhere in the middle of that, it can be hard for us to have a rational, intelligent debate or conversation when a significant majority around you are on one of these extremes.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:laugh: Hfboards certainly wasn't immune to the massive overhyping of Hodgson and Schroeder during those years either. "We've basically got our Kane and Toews to build around for the future!!!" lol.

Hodgson had daddy issues and Schroeder was dog ass. The most memorable thing I remember about Jordan Schroeder was seeing him and his girlfriend entering a nail salon in Yaletown. Cause I don’t remember what the f*** he did for the Canucks.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Hodgson had daddy issues and Schroeder was dog ass. The most memorable thing I remember about Jordan Schroeder was seeing him and his girlfriend entering a nail salon in Yaletown. Cause I don’t remember what the f*** he did for the Canucks.
I sometimes go for a manny or a peddy. Keep the body hair to a minimum and the mitts and the earthpads looking and feeling great. I’m a bit of a housepet. A brother can’t go out riddled with body hair, yellow toenails and claws. Look good, feel good and play good, right?

Reactions: EpochLink

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I sometimes go for a manny or a peddy. Keep the body hair to a minimum and the mitts and the earthpads looking and feeling great. I’m a bit of a housepet. A brother can’t go out riddled with body hair, yellow toenails and claws. Look good, feel good and play good, right?

Gotta do it man. Manscaping 101

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Those two were huge "stars" at the WJC for their respective nations. I think that fueled a lot of the hype. For a pretty good while, i believe Schroeder was even the "all time WJC points leader" for the US Team. :laugh:

The Hodgson saga was a total badly mishandled mess. But there was a time before that really started to blow up, that he was seen as the future captain and key cornerstone piece. He even contributed reasonably well in a limited role for a brief stretch at the NHL level. Unfortunately, he was built too stumpy to ever skate properly, had that back injury that seemed to hold him back, and obviously carried a lot of other entitlement and baggage.

Schroeder was just a case of...there was a reason other teams let him "fall" to us, as such a small player, whose skill just never translated. :dunno:

In fairness...our development system was pretty worthless around the time these guys were trying to climb up the organization. The Chicago Wolves years were just a real wasteland. Developing Canucks players was clearly not the top priority. But at the end of the day, it was the limitations of the players that were really the death knell for their careers.

Reactions: Play

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Fond memories of that place, before I joined here.

Burrows, do we really need him?

Oh that was a classic. Still remember other gems like Messier's balls or the Anson Carter dance. I don't even know why I left and joined this board, place was a core part of my adolescence. Reddit is no substitute, it's just a bit too PC for me.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Bar down in "game 8" was peak Hodgson mania.

Still remember that goal like it was yesterday. :laugh:

And the trade...where it was like...Zack Kassian? What??? Even if it ultimately didn't really amount to much for anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00