Recalled/Assigned: Canucks call-up Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt, assign Gordon and Kassian to Chicago

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
What kind of condition must he be in if he needs a conditioning stint at the age of 22 after missing 8 - 9 games?

Call a spade a spade. This is a demotion.

What does age have to do with it? A bad back is going to limit what you can do for conditioning.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
what good trades? ehrhoff was good but that was a salary dump. regardless, he gets credit, it was a good move.

after that.. nothing but fail.

Higgins and Lapierre?

The notion that I was responding to is that our GM sits around.

He made attempts to get top 4 dman in Ballard (everyone expected him to be that and it was before we ever locked up Hamhuis) and a top 6 forward in Booth with size and speed.

Hindsight is 20/20. You can ***** all you want in retrospect, but he was making moves to help the team.

LolClarkson*

It's a conditioning stint for Kass guys. Hasn't played in 8 of last 9 games.

Still want to see this when healthy, and when we get Torres ;)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Jensen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Torres

^I would go with that.

Lets just go with the young guys full stop, like we have no choice because we almost don't. Other teams do it. :dunno:

We had a solid enough D and goal tending.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If a guy you have traded for becomes a back surgery candidate, do you want the optics in Vancouver? Let him shuffle along in Chicago. He'll play a few games until after the deadline and then they'll get him some surgery.

Canucks season is done anyway, why not have Jensen up for a few games? He'll be trying to make the team in September.

King of the ES*

He missed those 8 games with a back injury. It definitely is not a demotion. Kassian was playing some oh his best hockey when he went down with injury. If it were a demotion, it would have been done a week or two ago, when he was actually playing. You don't "demote" a player after they have been injured for a couple weeks. How can you demote someone when they aren't playing?:help:

What?

When was the last time that he scored a goal? 15 - 20 games ago? Get real. It is a demotion. He's going from the Vancouver Canucks to the Chicago Wolves, and a rookie is coming up to take his spot.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
All he has to do to redeem himself is to admit(he won't) that he made a mistake by acquiring a few players. To redeem as in, buyout or trade those players. If he continues to be too proud of himself, then you'll see those players back on this team next year.

^-- this refering to the gillis stuff.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What?

When was the last time that he scored a goal? 15 - 20 games ago? Get real. It is a demotion. He's going from the Vancouver Canucks to the Chicago Wolves, and a rookie is coming up to take his spot.

he also missed significant time with a back injury, a conditioning stint would be suiting. It's not a big deal

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Man I can't believe all the crying in here. We get to see our top prospect play tomorrow for the first time and every ones doom and gloom. Guys this will be huge for Jensens development, a little taste of the bigs to keep his confidence growing. Love this move, even if he provides little offence while up here. We now have a guy that probably has the best wrist shot on the team playing that will actually shoot the puck. Thank god.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
excited to see jensen but this reeks of desperation

This is desperation, but why not.

Honestly I feel bad for archibald, who has played great in the AHL, yet still won't get the call.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
This is desperation, but why not.

Honestly I feel bad for archibald, who has played great in the AHL, yet still won't get the call.

I can see where they're coming from. He's not exactly what we need as we're already playing a whole bunch of bad skaters. If Sestito went down, you would probably see them give Archibald a call.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
No doubt in my mind that Jensen will only be up here for a little while and then he'll get sent back down for Kassian. Everybody has been pleading for us to bring up Jensen, and now everyone is criticizing the decision?

Dado

Seems to me there's elements of truth to both perspectives - if he had been playing well, he probably doesn't go down for a "conditioning stint".

I'd say it's a safe bet he's played himself into AV's dog house.

Let's see how he responds...

Dain Bramaged

Mar 29, 2013
Vancouver
Awesome news to hear Jensen getting the call. However, the Sharks are a pretty good litmus test for the team in general, and they need to bring the heat and lead Jensen by example. It'll be a tough game for a rookie to test the waters in, so I hope he doesn't get too discouraged if he doesn't make much of a splash.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm happy to see Sweatt getting a call-up. This is probably his last chance to make an impression on our organization. He's a free agent at the end of the season and if he doesn't do anything with this opportunity I don't see him coming back.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Man I can't believe all the crying in here. We get to see our top prospect play tomorrow for the first time and every ones doom and gloom. Guys this will be huge for Jensens development, a little taste of the bigs to keep his confidence growing. Love this move, even if he provides little offence while up here. We now have a guy that probably has the best wrist shot on the team playing that will actually shoot the puck. Thank god.

It's a terrible time to be called up. He and Sweatt could very well be showcased. If the Canucks were to acquire Clowe, it would cost a Jensen...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It's a terrible time to be called up. He and Sweatt could very well be showcased. If the Canucks were to acquire Clowe, it would cost a Jensen...

What is this a freaking pawn shop? Players in the NHL don't get showcased. They get scratched because you can't trade an injured player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad