Recalled/Assigned: Canucks call-up Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt, assign Gordon and Kassian to Chicago

tesplen

Jan 26, 2006
Just saw that. Looking forward to seeing Jensen play.

Hopefully Kassian can find his game again down in the AHL.

StringerBell

Didn't see this coming. I'm not sure this is the best time to bring Jensen up either. Hmm...

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
well something had to happen after that disaster last night. I was hoping for an AV firing but this is ok I suppose.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
It's a conditioning stint for Kass guys. Hasn't played in 8 of last 9 games.

Still want to see this when healthy, and when we get Torres ;)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Jensen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Torres

Dado

I assume Kassian is a conditioning stint, and Jensen is an act of desperation.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Honestly, I expect to see Jensen back down after a game or 2...
At the most, he will probably get 3 games.

This is probably done to show him what he needs to work on in the big leagues.
He is a competitive guy.
I fully expect him to float rather than sink.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Injecting a little speed and skill into the lineup, worth a try I suppose. The center depth on this team continues to cripple them in both ends.

Big trade deadline coming up; I mean huge.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sabres fan here, coming in peace, not going to troll about this, etc. Just curious as to why kassian was sent down/how he's been playing for you guys. He was one of many sabres fans' favorite prospects since we didn't have a lot of skilled, big, nasty guys that could potentially play in the top 6 a few years ago (still don't, actually). Kinda sucked that we had to trade him, but we needed/still need the center depth, and hodgson's been solid offensively. Still terrible defensively, but hopefully he'll get it figured out sometime. Anyway, thanks for any info you may share! :)

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Jensen has 2 goals and 4 points in 11 games with the Wolves. He's not going to be a saviour up here. Good to give him some games though, but temper your expectations so we don't start souring on the kid too soon.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Sabres fan here, coming in peace, not going to troll about this, etc. Just curious as to why kassian was sent down/how he's been playing for you guys. He was one of many sabres fans' favorite prospects since we didn't have a lot of skilled, big, nasty guys that could potentially play in the top 6 a few years ago (still don't, actually). Kinda sucked that we had to trade him, but we needed/still need the center depth, and hodgson's been solid offensively. Still terrible defensively, but hopefully he'll get it figured out sometime. Anyway, thanks for any info you may share! :)

He was great to start the season playing with the Sedins, but went on a cold streak and got demoted to the 4th line. He seems to be a great complementary player, but isn't able to generate any offense when playing with scrubs.

He's been sent down likely because he was injured and will need a couple of games to get up to speed again.

Pseudonymous*

He was great to start the season playing with the Sedins, but went on a cold streak and got demoted to the 4th line. He seems to be a great complementary player, but isn't able to generate any offense when playing with scrubs.

He's been sent down likely because he was injured and will need a couple of games to get up to speed again.

whoa, he got demoted because sedins weren't doing as well as they could with burrows, kassian was still doing well... only after he was moved to play with speedier north south players , that his play declined

he can't play with the sedins because they work better with burrows and burrows has speed and knows where to go for the sedins. he couldn't play with booth and kesler who he has shown chemistry with because they were injured, the rest of our team are plugs and speedy north/south guys

period. lol

knoxdown

Apr 3, 2012
I figure Jensen will get his 5 games and get sent down just in time for Kesler to return to the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad