Recalled/Assigned: Canucks call-up Nicklas Jensen and Bill Sweatt, assign Gordon and Kassian to Chicago

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Kassian returning to Canucks from Chicago
APR.3.13 - Zack Kassian is returning to the Canucks after a one game stint with the Chicago Wolves. Kassian scored in the Wolves win. Bill Sweatt will be returning to Chicago. More

.... from the chi wolves webpage

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
If Kassian truly was being disciplined – and who really knows if this is true – isn't there some irony in sending him to a bigger party town than Vancouver? :laugh: This is where having a farm team in a place like Peoria or Albany pays off...

With five goals in his first seven games on the top line, Kassian played with power, poise, feistiness and finish. He became a fan favourite and was the toast of the town. However, for a 22-year-old still learning the challenges of collecting a big cheque and unrelenting attention of the faithful, it can come with pitfalls. Everybody knows your name. Everybody knows your game. And it seems everybody has a camera phone where your image can change in one click.

“Definitely, especially in a market like this,” Kassian told The Province last week. “It’s not Buffalo. “There are a lot of people who are fans a lot of people who are always watching. You definitely want to be pro on and off the ice. We have an older team and everybody expects a lot from each other and guys are going to have your back. It’s kind of the way we work.

“I’m really focused in helping the team have a good stretch. I believe I’m a playoff player and I can show people what I can do. I’m really excited.”
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/0...ty-as-kassian-recalled-after-seasoning-stint/
It does seem like it was for discipline reasons according to this article but yeah Chicago would probably be way worse. Happy to see him back though.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
need Kassasin to play like a vet with 10 years of experience and not a rookie....dominating physically and scoring timly goals

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/0...ty-as-kassian-recalled-after-seasoning-stint/
It does seem like it was for discipline reasons according to this article but yeah Chicago would probably be way worse. Happy to see him back though.

It is what it is. Expectations are also different here than in certain other places. We know Evander Kane likes to party it up and the Jets seem to let him.

I never got the impression that Kassian is anything less than professional or committed to being the best player he can be. Maybe he's immature in some ways but the way he worked this past off-season, I think it's clear he'll work as hard as anyone to get better.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Kassian truly was being disciplined – and who really knows if this is true – isn't there some irony in sending him to a bigger party town than Vancouver? :laugh: This is where having a farm team in a place like Peoria or Albany pays off...

There is a hint of irony in it. But if that's what it was really about...it's not like a parent grounding their child, or sending them away to boarding school where there's no trouble to get into.

More of a subtle 'slap on the wrist' sort of thing. The opportunities to party hard are always going to be there for an NHL player like Kassian...if that's what he chooses to do. There's no city in the NHL where that isn't the case. So it's more about refreshing for him the expectations on players in this organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->