Canucks at the Trade Deadline - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I don't think Russian factor is an issue with a guy like Burmistrov. He could have gone back to the KHL during the lockout but stayed and played in St. John's instead.

Not to mention logged a season or two in the O. I'm big on him.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Yeah, but as has already been reported, Canucks have no interest without being able to send some salary back.

Jokinen hasn't even been bad for the Hurricanes. He's a positive possession player while playing tough minutes. You put him into easier situation and his offense suddenly comes back.

Makes much more sense if they are moving salary out, and he's a tertiary option. To take him off waivers alone didn't make sense. This does.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Because Jokinen is still an upgrade on Schroeder for this season and if you can dump a bad contract in the process, you're coming out ahead.

If Ballard sure but I don't see the Canes having any interest in him ($ reasons for unloading Jussi in the first place).

Who's left? Alberts? At least he's on an expiring contract.

John Bender*

‏@RenLavoieRDS (retweeted by Bob Mackenzie)
#sabres Jason Pominville should give tonight or Tuesday morning a list of 8 teams were he does NOT want to play. #RDS

I don't know if we are the right fit, I'm just throwing it out there

Pominville would cost an absurd return - like Tanev, Jensen and a 1st. Canucks don't have the horses to make that trade.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Roy and Jagr for all our picks this year. All in :D

That would not be a smart idea.

If Dan Boyle is available, the Canucks should be all over that. Would be a huge boost for the PP and the guy is an incredibly smart player, good leader and would be huge for the blue line.

There would be a massive pricetag that goes along with it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Because Jokinen is still an upgrade on Schroeder for this season and if you can dump a bad contract in the process, you're coming out ahead. This is pretty much worst-case scenario type of move and as such I really don't get the huge outrage over it.

And Ballard playing forward replaced by Jokinen playing forward.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
‏@RenLavoieRDS (retweeted by Bob Mackenzie)
#sabres Jason Pominville should give tonight or Tuesday morning a list of 8 teams were he does NOT want to play. #RDS

I don't know if we are the right fit, I'm just throwing it out there
his list:

"EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON EDMONTON"

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
Mainboard

Canucks placed 1st + Jensen on table for a signed Clowe
Just heard it from the or radio, Clowe's talk is heating up and Canucks have come up as the most front runners of the group.

Apparently Clowe is asking for a ballpark of 6m on his new deal.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Mainboard

Just heard it from the or radio, Clowe's talk is heating up and Canucks have come up as the most front runners of the group.

I highly doubt that.

If so MG is absurd, I'm not even going to talk about the extension.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mainboard

THat would be a bad trade for Vancouver. Perhaps that's why they're showcasing Jensen? :laugh:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Mainboard

oh-god-face-meme-rage-faces-meme-face.jpg

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Mainboard

I will join the sack Gillis rabble if that goes down. That deal is so wrong on so many levels.

1. Clowe at $6m? that has massive backfire potential

2. why not wait until UFA and try offering him that if you really must.

3. $6m UFA, rather waste that on Roy/Ribiero

4. 1st + Jensen - rather chase bigger fish that Clowe with that

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Mainboard

There would already be a deal if that was actually ever offered. :laugh:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Because Jokinen is still an upgrade on Schroeder for this season and if you can dump a bad contract in the process, you're coming out ahead. This is pretty much worst-case scenario type of move and as such I really don't get the huge outrage over it.

Exactly. I'd go even further: if they can move Ballard in a trade for Jokinen, then it would free Gillis up to go after a winger instead of a center -- particularly if a trade for Roy doesn't materialize.

And hey, if it doesn't work out, it's a cheaper compliance buyout than Ballard would be.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Mainboard

Just one user reporting it thus far (claiming it was on TSN radio). Far from a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad