Canucks at the Trade Deadline - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Very curious with what Gillis will do this trade deadline.

Personally I think the Canucks need about 3 moves to actually contend... otherwise they should be selling.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
So our 1st for Jagr, 2nd for Clowe, 3rd for some RHD, 4-6th rounders + Lui as we dump him for Bozak. Sounds like an ideal plan.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
About the Clowe undershirt:

umno.gif

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
This stuff with Nonis leaking to Dreger that he'd rather acquire Kiprusoff and re-sign him for another 2 years is classic Nonis/Dreger stuff. I really wish it was true though. That would be amazing.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just wondering where the Roy comments are coming from and what they are, I didn't catch them in the last thread?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Just wondering where the Roy comments are coming from and what they are, I didn't catch them in the last thread?

Everywhere. LeBrun, Friedman, Lavoie, etc. Canucks are in on Roy by all accounts and it makes sense given that we need a centre.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS34s
No more contract extension talks for #stars Derek Roy. Hearing Canucks have interest in him. We'll see if he'll be traded or not. #RDS

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This stuff with Nonis leaking to Dreger that he'd rather acquire Kiprusoff and re-sign him for another 2 years is classic Nonis/Dreger stuff. I really wish it was true though. That would be amazing.
Unbelievable how TSN fancies themselves as professionals yet they do stuff like this all the time.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Everywhere. LeBrun, Friedman, Lavoie, etc. Canucks are in on Roy by all accounts and it makes sense given that we need a centre.

Plus he's a good possession player, puts up decent offense, can play on the power play, and is capable of taking mid 40's offensive zone starts and advancing the puck up ice. He's a guy I'd target as a UFA if he's willing to sign for less than 5 million (or 5 at the absolute max).

Would like to see Higgins retained at good value and I'd probably let Raymond go. Good possession player, but I don't think he does a whole lot more than a guy like Higgins, but he'll probably make an extra 1 - 1.5 million.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I wouldn't mind Roy but not for any significant futures.

We better not overpay like the Pens did.

And on this TSN thing, I hate how everytime they pull up this trade bait board.

They always have Luongo and that yellow things telling us that his contract is long. We understand it is long. Why not do that for everyone who has more than 2-3 years left on there deal? Probably just to influence the Toronto flock that Luongo is a negative... tsk tsk..

I hate how TSN always does crap like this.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Pierre Lebrun just said the Canucks have kicked the tires on J.Jokinen as a backup plan for the Center hole (Or Plan D/Plan F as Lebrun said) if Carolina would retain salary or take a player back.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Rumors are floating around about Alex Burmistrov potentially being available. Could be the perfect center for our third line and could be a great player we could develop for the next few years.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Pierre Lebrun just said the Canucks have kicked the tires on J.Jokinen as a backup plan for the Center hole (Or Plan D/Plan F as Lebrun said) if Carolina would retain salary or take a player back.

Re-iterating what he said in his column this morning; Jokinen may be a better addition than "nothing", but I hope the Canucks can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad