Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce 10-year extension to Arena Name, TV, Radio Rights with Rogers

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Well we know Bieksa signed a one-day contract, planning to retire a Canuck in a few days.

But an insider said his one day went better than expected and they think he can help fill the hole on the right side.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wonder if this isn’t just TV / radio rights, but a rebranding as a whole. Perhaps moving away from Rogers admins Sportsnet to something else, or their own in house net work?

And naming the Arena something else as well? (Can’t imagine they’d give up name sponsorship of the arena altogether as that is fairly lucrative)

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Im hearing from my sources close to management who spoke on condition of anonymity, that the Canucks will be announcing that they have closed a deal… to settle out of court with Rachel Doerrie.

• Love
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gimme canucks.tv again baby! 24/7 canucks coverage!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Preview of news conference:
dgkhi6yw0aaq3f1.jpg

Reactions: mossey3535

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
new arena name? td arena? sounds bland but since td is sponsering their helmets this year. might be one. or aquaman stepping down and his brothers take over or ownership sold to new people?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wonder if this isn’t just TV / radio rights, but a rebranding as a whole. Perhaps moving away from Rogers admins Sportsnet to something else, or their own in house net work?

And naming the Arena something else as well? (Can’t imagine they’d give up name sponsorship of the arena altogether as that is fairly lucrative)

But again, if they were changing all of this there is absolutely no reason to do a press conference in October to announce it. They are still partnered with Rogers/Sportsnet the rest of this year and there should be no rush to announce to move things in-house. They can literally do these things next summer - in fact, that's when they should do it.

I think it would be very surprising if it's anything related to players/management/hockey ops.

In terms of timing, the only way this makes sense as media/arena is if they have done a massive re-up with Rogers. That would be my official guess for what this is all about.

The outside possibility has to be some sort of ownership news/restructure.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I was hoping they were pulling a page from the NYR and announcing a rebuild to fans and what we should expect (in terms of on ice quality), but that's more hockey ops related so a no go there... :mad:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I was hoping they were pulling a page from the NYR and announcing a rebuild to fans and what we should expect (in terms of on ice quality), but that's more hockey ops related so a no go there... :mad:
I think that is out the window with the Miller extension and recent trades.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
My guess would be the new practice facility that Rutherford referenced as a priority back in the summer.
Definitely business vs hockey related.

With how tight JR keeps things not surprising that the local media has no idea what is happening.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad