Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce 10-year extension to Arena Name, TV, Radio Rights with Rogers

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
5813BC62-C7B8-47A0-A6CA-7B343E0E38FC.png

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Said in the other thread, but if this whole thing is just "re-up arena/radio/tv" with Rogers then that's kind of underwhelming.

Won't be hockey ops so that just leaves some sort of ownership thing as the other option.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Said in the other thread, but if this whole thing is just "re-up arena/radio/tv" with Rogers then that's kind of underwhelming.

Won't be hockey ops so that just leaves some sort of ownership thing as the other option.
People are just speculating. Mostly, nobody has any concrete information yet, even Frank said it’s his best guess.

So who knows!

Let’s hope it’s something bigger

Update : lots of more people are saying it’s something to do with TV / radio right now

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently it's not 'coaching related'.....and I doubt they'd hold a major press conference just to announce a new radio or TV deal. And sources are saying it isn't a new contract for Horvat. A complete mystery to me.

Could be a major trade or maybe the 'retirement' of someone like Jim Rutherford. I guess the suspense will build overnight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So this would just be re-upping with Rogers then, right? You don't announce a new partner or that you're going house next season only a few games into the current season. Makes no sense.

I don't buy the practice arena guess. Certainly not worth its own presser.

If it's not media stuff, then it would have to be a management or ownership thing. Some sort of big ownership shuffle would definitely qualify.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Advertising it as a major news press conference makes me think it Hass to be something at least bigger than just TV radio

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Advertising it as a major news press conference makes me think it Hass to be something at least bigger than just TV radio

It's most likely multiple things. New radio and TV deals, rennaming of Rogers Arena, announcement of a practice rink site, timeline, and concept drawings. Longshot guess is they announce the plans to build a new NHL rink and have purchased a location.

One thing isn't near enough but you clump a bunch together you can make a big deal out of it like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad