Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
And to be fair to your point. Some GMs would agree with your valuation. So it is probably market rate. Just not my value.

I think you're right, it's probably a little light vs a 2nd. I'm sure I could draw up specific scenarios where I would be correct like a late 2nd v an early 3rd & early 5th or play with the years a bit but that's being a bit disingenuous.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
yeah i guess, but i will never use that when discussing a player's ability

Like I think Trump is a clown and human scum but that doesnt stop me from liking JT Miller

didnt he wear 91 in Colorado ?

Seems normal

All normal, some people don't like it, some do, fans have their own reasons, I think it's all good~.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Late to the conversation but:

Amazed ... cheap ... think we are improved with this. We are going to be hugging the cap again, but all in all this is a great acquisition.

sorry, but played hockey then watched a bunch of shoresy

speaking of which, how many people are watching shoresy???

So glad to have a competent GM!

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
That’s fair. It does sound like they want to keep Zadorov around for a while though so I’d be surprised if they made one of those moves too as they can’t fit all of Hughes, Hronek, Zadorov, Soucy and one of those players in long term.

He’s likely going to get at least $4 million per. I’d much rather pay a 1/2 guy like Sanheim $6.25 than Zadorov around $4.

Sanheim’s term is longer than Zadorov is likely going to get but he’s also two years younger so their contracts will expire around the same age.

If you look at Rutherford's history though, he really does value a deep blueline of interchangeable large bodies as a hedge against playoff attrition. And you can't really argue with the results.

He does think in these terms up front, though (eg, Kessel in Pittsburgh, Weight/Recchi in Carolina).

Reactions: vancityluongo

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Allvin has had interest in this player for quite awhile (it’s not a secret)..So yeah,they could see him in the big picture

Probably, but I expect management will see how he fits and if he can play well on a second pairing. I’m also sure they will also have a limit of what they are willing to give him on an extension and hopefully won’t be afraid to walk away if he wants more.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
to me, which side of a war a player supports doesn't matter

It's a war, there's no justice or right/wrong

You could have just quoted that one line instead of quoting my entire post and saying "weird angle" :rolleyes:

dez

Mar 3, 2012
He shouldn't cost any more than Soucy, hopefully they dont pay him his rumored asking price.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The price is obviously great.

I will wait and see how he plays.

I remember him as physical and lacking hockey sense but admit my viewings have been limited these past few years.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
He shouldn't cost any more than Soucy, hopefully they dont pay him his rumored asking price.

Yeah. Personally I see him as below Soucy on the depth chart so I don't think he should get paid more than him - if he got a similar contract to Soucy I'd be fine with it. These is sorta how I see things, Bear and Friedman are good depth options.

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Zadorov - Cole

Still a work of progress and hopefully Myers is replaced with a top 4 RD at some point (either between now and the TDL or the offseason) but quite the overhaul in a short amount of time.

I really want to see Soucy and Hronek paired together at some point as if they are an effective pairing it really further opens up some options.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
If you look at Rutherford's history though, he really does value a deep blueline of interchangeable large bodies as a hedge against playoff attrition. And you can't really argue with the results.

He does think in these terms up front, though (eg, Kessel in Pittsburgh, Weight/Recchi in Carolina).

Think you can make that work if you have an elite forward group like he had when he won in Carolina and Pittsburgh. The Canes had six top line-ish forwards that scored at a 70 point pace plus 50 point Matt Cullen anchoring their third line and added Weight/Recchi at the deadline. The Canucks’ depth can probably match up with the Pens’, but Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Guentzel is miles better than the Canucks’ top players.

If they shift their focus to up front and focus on adding quality, that should work just as well but not sure there is or has been as much opportunity there.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Late to the conversation but:

Amazed ... cheap ... think we are improved with this. We are going to be hugging the cap again, but all in all this is a great acquisition.

sorry, but played hockey then watched a bunch of shoresy

speaking of which, how many people are watching shoresy???

So glad to have a competent GM!
Shoresys amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad