Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire G Marek Mazanec from the New York Rangers

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
So in return for replacing Nilsson with Mazanec and ventilating diPietro, we upgraded from a 7th to a 6th round pick?

What are the difference in odds between a 7th round pick making the NHL vs a 6th round pick?

Is there an opportunity cost to management spending time moving laterally back and forth?

Or for this management group, is it an opportunity benefit, where wasting time on undoing lateral moves prevents them from making their usual bad move?

also held salary and took on more salary from pyatt.

Reactions: Jyrki21

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Have no issue with this. Obviously wish it was handled better from the start, but they basically just upgraded their 2020 7th into a 2019 6th.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hahaha oh my god is this hilarious or what, what incompetent management we have:

So this is what it all breaks down to:

To vancouver: Tom Pyatt, 6th round pick from Ottawa, marek manazec

To philly: mike McKenna

To Ottawa; Darren archibald, Anders Nilsson,

To rangers: vancouver 7th

you forgot Anaheim: delzotto

and using one if our retention spaces

Reactions: geebaan

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
And of course giving up the 7th doesn't matter, it's a nothing pick and I don't even care that we made a trade instead of just signing another contract for free

It is the whole process of everything that happened here. Just an odd amount of incompetency that should have been solved right after McKenna was claimed or at least right after Demko went down. No need for any of this stuff to happen, optics are just terrible on this one

I'm glad they finally figured it out but God man

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
The nucks were obviously hoping Philly would waive one of their goalies, and when they sent down Elliott for a conditioning stint, they needed to fill the gap. Weisbrodding.

What does this mean for contract slots? Does this hurt them if they wanted to bring in Hughes?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Hilarious it took embarassing a prized 19 year old kid in front of the whole league to get any urgency out of the group.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It took him 12 hours to acquire a goalie. Something he had all month to do.

Jim Benning is like me back in school when I would start my assignments two hours before the deadline, even though it was assigned weeks before.

hey man I once started my assignment half a day...

AFTER the deadline.

Imagine that huh...

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hahaha oh my god is this hilarious or what, what incompetent management we have:

So this is what it all breaks down to:

To vancouver: Tom Pyatt, 6th round pick from Ottawa, marek manazec

To philly: mike McKenna

To Ottawa; Darren archibald, Anders Nilsson,

To rangers: vancouver 7th

Yes, let’s just ignore that the endgame in all of this was giving Demko a much needed promotion to the bigs. Boy oh boy, Benning sure is dumb for not having a crystal ball to predict Demko’s injury.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Nilsson trade was fine. Waiving McKenna was fine. Waiting to see if McKenna goes back on waivers is defensible.

The breaking point had to be the Demko injury. That's when this trade should have been made.

Hopefully they didn't play Markstrom when he shouldn't have played that triggered this injury. If so, this mistake is way more costly than a future 7th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad