Post-Game Talk: Canucks 7, Senators 1: It's a Flat Stanley hat-trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
We can definitely get a pick for Sutter at the deadline. I'm not surprised he step up his game on a contract year. That said great game by Sutter tonight, excellent effort on the 1st goal, absolutely sniped that 2nd goal, great speed on the 3rd. Hope to see more games like this from him.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Lost in the hoopla is that Myers led the team in ice time, even with the turnover that led to the only goal. Ottawa is a bad team, I wonder if Murray thinks Sutter just got "lucky".

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This game was hilarious. Laughing my ass off at a Sutter hat-trick. Quick! Trade him while his value is high!

In all seriousness - still a lot of rough spots for Vancouver. Gave up odd man rushes and breaks, but Demko had the answers on this night. Our PK was better, but our lack of discipline continues to be poor.

Great to see Juolevi scored. Hope he continues to develop - each game is still an adventure for him, peppered with moments both good and bad. Tonight was a solid night for him on the PK, and I think scoring his first goal meant a lot to him.

Love Hoglander. His hustle is great to watch, and his effort on Pearson’s goal was terrific.

Horvat with a quiet 3 apples. Nice.

Top line still looking pretty rough, but nice to all the other three lines chip in.

I’ve definitely see enough of Benn playing with Hughes. Hughes goes across the line to Benn for a one timer - Benn flubs it. Benn hurls a grenade back at Hughes. Rinse and repeat. In their own end, Hughes is getting caught and reverses the puck back to Benn...who immediately gives it back to the already covered Hughes. Just not a good match.

I’ve dumped on Sutter a lot, but good game for him. Looked like a legitimately different player than the one we’ve watched for the past however many years.

I don’t know that this effort topples many teams other than Ottawa - but there was a lot of areas where this game was a step in the right direction.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
You know your team is in trouble when Captain Canada Brandon Sutter scores a hat trick. Poor Ottawa.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Someone in the coaching staff just needs to tell Pettersson to shoot. So many times he's got a clear shooting lane and he passes it off.

Murray stinks, take advantage and hit top corner on him and build confidence.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Someone in the coaching staff just needs to tell Pettersson to shoot. So many times he's got a clear shooting lane and he passes it off.

Murray stinks, take advantage and hit top corner on him and build confidence.

The whole top line / top PP unit needs to shoot. Simplify things - shoot the puck and crash for some ugly goals.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
WTF did Sutter wake up and realize his contract is expiring at the end of this year and he better get his ass in gear? Geezus...........He's still holding on to the award for "Canuck I dislike the most" and most likely he goes back to being a black hole where pucks go to die however tonight for one brief shining moment at least he was great.........If only.......

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Petey looks so so bad.

What the hell is wrong with him?!

I'm seriously thinking something is going on in his personal life that we dont know about, because he seems to move just fine on the ice. He just looks and feels so discombobulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad