Post-Game Talk: Canucks 7, Senators 1: It's a Flat Stanley hat-trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, I too would like to see more of Chatfield. He looked much better than what the AHL watchers were reporting.
He’s quick to pucks, which is nice, but he does lack actual puck skills. He’d be a good enough player if he keeps his puck decisions to “early and easy”.

VNCVR

Oct 27, 2020
Damn Juolevi riding the pine. Suprised Green isn't going back to the same lineup

I like it, best combos we could ice right now. Well that doesn't include Rathbone.

Edit: Chatfield played a sound game, which is about all you can ask from our bottom 2 d men. I rather have him in our lineup than Myers. Let the top d men take risky plays

Reactions: Luckylarry

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I don't take last night as some great sign for the Canucks - it was two points against a team they should beat. But you aren't giving Ottawa enough credit - they've been in pretty much every game this season until last night. Last night was honestly about Murray - he was a total sieve.
The only credit I'll give the Sens is helping to fulfill Brandon Sutter's lifelong dream.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I will take back some of what I said about Sutter, if he can maintain that hustle for multiple games. Another hattrick would be great, but that energy when he was hunting for that last goal...we need that.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
not that Joulevi was all world, but he plays okay and scores a goal and STILL sits?

if anyone tells me Green plays rookies/young players fairly go f*** them selves.

I'm obviously no Juolevi fan, but the Josh Holden Rule should be that you *never* take a young player who has just had a productive game to boost their confidence and dump them straight back into the pressbox for the next game.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm obviously no Juolevi fan, but the Josh Holden Rule should be that you *never* take a young player who has just had a productive game to boost their confidence and dump them straight back into the pressbox for the next game.
7-1 win, and OJ not only had a good night, but he scored too. A coach should 100% play the lineup he feels gives his group the best chance to win. The group just won 7-1, and he replaces a guy who played well and scored, because of some old fashioned belief injuries can’t cause a guy to lose his spot, so Chatfield (who was out because of injury) gets back in. Green does make some interesting decisions.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
7-1 win, and OJ not only had a good night, but he scored too. A coach should 100% play the lineup he feels gives his group the best chance to win. The group just won 7-1, and he replaces a guy who played well and scored, because of some old fashioned belief injuries can’t cause a guy to lose his spot, so Chatfield (who was out because of injury) gets back in. Green does make some interesting decisions.

I mean - I agree with both. You don't want an injury to cost a guy his spot.

But Chatfield's not some established vet. And Juolevi just had one of his best games.

Wait for a game where Juolevi doesn't play so hot and you can inject Chatfield into the lineup; causes both a shakeup to the team and the players.

Benching Juolevi immediately after one of his stronger games is a silly move, IMO. Nothing against Chatfield, who did look pretty damn good in his first game.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I will take back some of what I said about Sutter, if he can maintain that hustle for multiple games. Another hattrick would be great, but that energy when he was hunting for that last goal...we need that.

For all his flaws, I think Sutter is probably a better option at center than Gaudette at this point, though both are important for options throughout the lineup (if not for the Canucks putrid center depth, Gaudette would already be converted to a full-time winger).

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
mdsj5388xld61.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I mean - I agree with both. You don't want an injury to cost a guy his spot.

But Chatfield's not some established vet. And Juolevi just had one of his best games.

Wait for a game where Juolevi doesn't play so hot and you can inject Chatfield into the lineup; causes both a shakeup to the team and the players.

Benching Juolevi immediately after one of his stronger games is a silly move, IMO. Nothing against Chatfield, who did look pretty damn good in his first game.
I agree. Chatfield is quick to pucks, and effective against speeding forechecking teams, but his puck skills are lacking. OJ is slower to pucks, but actually has elite puck skills. Ottawa is a slow team, and OJ gets more time to make good plays. Given time to make plays, OJ is far superior to Chatfield.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I am Juolevi's biggest detractor, and I can say this is BS. OJ should be in next game if he is healthy.

I love Green, just when I think he has trolled HFCanucks the most, he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and does one better.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Last night, I mentioned how he is actually skating, instead of labouring (with that grimace on his face)...If he can maintain the health of that bum groin of his, he can be a really good asset to the bottom 6.

I must admit ,it was was quite funny seeing the apparent 'offensive black hole, where the play dies on his stick' get a hat trick.

Reactions: Cogburn

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
This Sutter start is kind of hilarious but unfortunately with a compressed schedule you just know it is going to flame out dramatically with some sort of soft-tissue injury.

Much needed game for Demko. Would be nice if he could string some good performances together here and maybe grab a bit higher % of the net going forward.

Loved the Hoglander hustle on the assist.
Sutter healthy is a pretty good player, just has not happened as a Canuck, remember him playing well to start last year before he was reinjured. People say Beagle and Sutter are the same players but there is little comparison except below average playmakers.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Hawknut in peace ...
Holtby throwing his cap on the ice after Sutter's hatty was hockey greatness.

Hawks' rook got one last game & not seeing it rain hats after was just ... un-hockey-ian.
1st star to Holtby for play of the game.

PS - Fun read this post game thread whole bunch of LOLs not lols either. And t/y for 'em.

Odd. I have 12,000 posts and 0 in any other teams boards. Not saying your post is bad or trolling. Just weird people post in 32 boards.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sutter healthy is a pretty good player, just has not happened as a Canuck, remember him playing well to start last year before he was reinjured. People say Beagle and Sutter are the same players but there is little comparison except below average playmakers.

People are influenced by his contract. If he’s making 1.75M he’s a good valued NHL everyday player.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Are we watching the same player? After 2 seasons and a playoff run, teams are literally taking him away on the power play. Most times the 1t has gone to him there’s a defender right in the lane.
I count one instance where we could of left go of a wrister but deferred back to Hughes. It’s his play without the puck that is alarming and of course the uncharacteristic turnovers.

Not sure you’re watching the same game as me , no.

I was literally wondering a few times in the PP he had a CLEAR lane fir a 1T on the PP and instead he was playing catch with QH43. I would post the video if

a) I knew how
B) I cared more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad