Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Preds 2: Van City steals Weber's ping-pong table and the kitchen sink too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
That's a high risk, high reward defensman. Unfortunately, every team has one, and every team needs one. The Hamhuis-Bieksa pairing was so successful because Hamhuis cleaned up so many of Kevins gaffs.

Mike Green
Phaneuf
Weber
Subban
Boyle
Doughty (not so much this season)
Campbell

All guys who drive coaches crazy, but can really drive a team when on their game.
Not that I disagree with your point but Weber is miles better defensively than what your giving him credit for.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
No I didn't. I believe strongly in my opinion. If you interpret that as defensive then I can't help you with that. That is your issue.
It definitely seemed like you were contentiously directing that at people who disagree with a slightly pissed off, over-confident attitude. Pretty unnecessary, IMO-- But fine, maybe it's my fault for.... reacting that way? :huh:

I don't think anyone here's pushed your buttons or done anything but be courteous and level-headed in the argument, personally.

(for what it's worth, I don't care so much for the informed factually convincing debate that shortshorts is asking for either)

Last edited:

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Not that I disagree with your point but Weber is miles better defensively than what your giving him credit for.

Yeah, you're right. He really shouldn't be on this list. Just fresh in the mind and I felt he didn't play great tonight.

On Weber, it's a little weird to say, but I think the offersheet he signed will haunt him. He's earning too much for the Preds to ice a competitive team, especially in his prime. It's unfortunate because he's one of my favorite players.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
But you're clearly contentiously directing that at people who disagree with a slightly pissed off, confident attitude. Pretty unnecessary, IMO-- But fine, maybe it's my fault for.... reacting that way? :huh:

I don't think anyone here's pushed your buttons or done anything but be courteous in the argument, personally.

Dude, what are you even talking about? You are the only one bringing up things like "personally" and "pushing buttons". If it helps put your issues to bed so we can all move on I will tell you right now that I don't care. I think you need to step away from the computer for a while because maybe it's you who is, using your words, having your buttons pushed or taking it personally. It is all easy peasy with me.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
More on Jason Garrison.

First 15 Games = 1G, 1A, +7
Next 27 Games = 6G, 6A, +10 (18G, 18A pace over an 82 game year)

He has definitely settled in to his own. I wonder how much of his "slow" start can be attributed to nerves and playing for the Nucks.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Dude, what are you even talking about? You are the only one bringing up things like "personally" and "pushing buttons". If it helps put your issues to bed so we can all move on I will tell you right now that I don't care. I think you need to step away from the computer for a while because maybe it's you who is, using your words, having your buttons pushed or taking it personally. It is all easy peasy with me.
Just felt like a bit of a smug way to "agree-to-disagree" is all-- Forgive me if I misinterpreted.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
More on Jason Garrison.

An initial look reveals that defensively he's been consistent and offensively he's finally understood the powerplay.

Definitely a great signing. Exceptional signing if Garrison can now smoothly transfer over to the right side.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Just felt like a bit of a smug way to "agree-to-disagree" is all-- Forgive me if I misinterpreted.

NO worries, man. It's all gravy. The Canucks are playing well and are in the post seasons. Life is golden! :yo:

...But I still think Edler is overrated and take Bieksa every time. LOL ;)

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
At the end of the day I'm confident in our defense. Tanev, Garrison and Hamhuis are all rocks defensively, while Edler, Ballard and Bieksa are more wild. Between the 6 of them I'm sure everything will be fine.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I definitely disagree that Edler's been great all season though. He's looked pretty off his standards.

"Good" ;).

I definitely keep an eye on Edler, and I've definitely noticed that Edler has been concentrating on his stickwork and positioning this season. He's noticeably slower, but I definitely don't think he's had a terrible season like many have said.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Bieksa and Alberts is a good pair. Put Tanev with Edler. Garrison and Hamhuis stay together. That's the defense I'd like to see in the playoffs.

Me to, but not everyone seemed to agree discussing it the other day. I like those pairs as well.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So anyone want to explain to me what happened at the end with weber and rinnie and Kassian? how did kassian get 2 10min misc and weber only end up with one?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
More on Jason Garrison.

I honestly think he deserved a much better fate points wise to start the season (and by extension even now) based on how he was performing. I remember at one point he'd been on the ice for something like 30 GF but only had 4 points to show for it. We've now see that start to correct itself where he's been in on probably 40% of the goals he's on the ice for over the last 20 or so games and predictably his point pace is climbing (10 points in his last 19).

I also think his poor start was greatly overstated. His results have been good from the get go; he just looked a little awkward to start, likely due to his off season groin injury. His performance over the first 10 games of the season was no worse than anyone else on the Canucks once you factor in the type of players he was lining up against (Tanev and Ballard were probably better to start but they were playing joke minutes).

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
So anyone want to explain to me what happened at the end with weber and rinnie and Kassian? how did kassian get 2 10min misc and weber only end up with one?

A Captain vs a youngster. Basically that's what it came down to. Weber got the benefit of the doubt. Kassian had to defend himself against 2 Preds and still we get penalized?!? Give me a break!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I honestly think he deserved a much better fate points wise to start the season (and by extension even now) based on how he was performing. I remember at one point he'd been on the ice for something like 30 GF but only had 4 points to show for it. We've now see that start to correct itself where he's been in on probably 40% of the goals he's on the ice for over the last 20 or so games and predictably his point pace is climbing (10 points in his last 19).

I also think his poor start was greatly overstated. His results have been good from the get go; he just looked a little awkward to start, likely due to his off season groin injury. His performance over the first 10 games of the season was no worse than anyone else on the Canucks once you factor in the type of players he was lining up against (Tanev and Ballard were probably better to start but they were playing joke minutes).

He was not that good. He looked slow and lost, he looked more like a depth guy, albeit with legitimate reasons (new system/injury). It's almost impossible to judge any defenseman will project in our system though, most look out of place for a while anyway.

You could see him improving in 10 game blocks. Now he looks like a outright bargain.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
oh snap were playing again tomorrow.

CELEBRATE!

xlarge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad