Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5, Kings 7 in Salt Lake City

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I mostly agree especially for guys that are going to be on the team. It serves to get up to speed and get timing back. However the young guys looking to measure themselves and the bubble players are who I’m watching. You should see something there...and so far this preseason we aren’t seeing anything on the Canucks.
Technically, Quinn is still a prospect...just saying

Reactions: Canucks LB

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Technically, Quinn is still a prospect...just saying

Oh geez well let me change things from not seeing anything to not seeing much. Hughes has been fine tonight but he’s also a guy who was always going to be with the team all year.

Reactions: timw33

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Ok lets get some of these guys like Chatfield, McIntryre, Boucher etc down to the minors immediately

Grape

Jul 22, 2016
More of a CDC guy usually, but I trust HF's objectivity more.

So I came here to ask how our main guys have looked OBJECTIVELY? also has anyone stood out for those who are watching?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Oh geez well let me change things from not seeing anything to not seeing much. Hughes has been fine tonight but he’s also a guy who was always going to be with the team all year.
I get what you meant, I was also disappointed at guys who are on the bubble. Only three prospects I really like from these games.
Woo who is too young
Raffety who has no chance making the team
Brisebois who is nothing special but serviceable

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I actually saw an incredible amount of people going crazy about how amazing the Canucks are after the 6-1 win against Edmonton oilers AHL club. (Especially on Sportsnet 650 and Tsn 1040)

Just like I’m seeing people overreact to a 7-4 drubbing against the LA Kings team.

Preseason hockey to me is just fun because I get to watch hockey, The results literally mean absolutely nothing to me.

Individual scoring also means nothing to me, but it’s always nice to see players play well regardless.

I want to see a good effort every single night though, That’s all I’m pretty much asking for in the preseason.

My two cents.

Exactly
IMG_2983-300x193.jpg

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
However the young guys looking to measure themselves and the bubble players are who I’m watching. You should see something there...and so far this preseason we aren’t seeing anything on the Canucks.

Demko, Gaudette and Hughes are the young players looking to measure themselves as NHL players. Which of these 3 have you not liked this pre-season?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Hughes was by far the best Canuck on the ice tonight.

Gaudette will probably remain on the team for now because of the two goals but overall has not had a great camp..clock remains ticking for him.

Goldobin's time is up I think.

Graovac has been queitly impressive so far and tonight especially, but is realistically best suited as Utica depth fodder.

I'm not too sure where Leivo fits on this roster if at all, even after the offseason additions the wing depth on this team is still pretty questionable..especially on the right side.

Reactions: timw33

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I'm not too sure where Leivo fits on this roster if at all, even after the offseason additions the wing depth on this team is still pretty questionable..especially on the right side.

4th line wing is where Leivo best fits IMO.

The wings look very deep to me. Boeser, Miller, Ferland, Pearson, Roussel, Baertschi, Virtanen and Leivo are my top 8.

Reactions: DFAC

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Green has to be impressed with Gaudette's conditioning at the very least. Definitely not a lazy turd like Virtanen.

He makes a ton of mistakes though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
More of a CDC guy usually, but I trust HF's objectivity more.

So I came here to ask how our main guys have looked OBJECTIVELY? also has anyone stood out for those who are watching?
All the main guys have been more or less fine for preseason hockey. Edler, Stecher, Tanev, Myers, Hughes, Marky, Demko, Pettersson, Horvat, Miller all have had flashes of showing they're ready for opening night.

I'd say outside of Biega and Beagle, all of the lower half of the roster/fringe guys have been more underwhelming than anything else. It's disappointing that we are here another year being told we will have competition and depth, yet they all seem to be fighting to be kept off the roster than on it lol

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Demko, Gaudette and Hughes are the young players looking to measure themselves as NHL players. Which of these 3 have you not liked this pre-season?

No...all the other prospects should be looking to measure themselves, or rather you’d hope after 6 drafts you would have some more than they do that are able to.

Gaudette despite 2 a few goals has not been good. He has shown himself to be overmatched on the defensive end of things. Until he sorts that out he’ll struggle to get a regular shift in the NHL.

Hughes and Demko were always in the team even if they were brutal they weren’t losing a spot. They aren’t actually trying to prove something. And I’ve already said Hughes was good tonight.

My point was very clearly aimed at the bubble players and those looking to make an impression for consideration moving forward. The depth of the organization so to speak. That contingent has put in a brutal camp thus far.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I still think Sutter is best on the wing, and I'd rather have him on the third line RW than Leivo, Virtanen or Motte.

It would allow them to keep Gaudette up as well and insulate him.

Meh.

Reactions: Zombotron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad