Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5, Kings 7 in Salt Lake City

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
That’s annoying that they are not televising it. Will they at least archive it for those who cannot watch live?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gaudette certainly getting a lengthy look to make his case, here. Also guessing the plan was for Ferland to skate on Pettersson and Boeser’s line, but his illness means Leivo is in.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
need to get minutes out of hughes here. he has done nothing so far to make the team in the conventional way for a rookie.

i'd like to play sautner and brisebois in the same game at this point to watch them back to back against the same opposition.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Gaudette playing his 4th game in a row should indicate they are seriously considering moving a vet down for him. He just needs to deliver.
Thats a possibility.It does not necessarily mean Sutter though..Could be one of Pearson/Baertschi.or sending Eriksson to Utica....The fact that Gaudette is waiver exempt buys them a bit more time.

I thought Gaudette was really good last game (hustling),..didnt really stand out before that.

Dan Murphy: 'I don't see Gaudette in the opening day line-up' - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I definitely think Baertschi is on the bubble. Virtanen like another. If Gaudette outworks one or both, could usurp their spot on the roster.

Eriksson shouldn’t even pass go, but I feel like we’re going to be stuck watching him in Vancouver for the time being.

And Sutter’s not going to be sent to Utica. He’ll be a Canuck or he’ll be traded.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaudette playing his 4th game in a row should indicate they are seriously considering moving a vet down for him. He just needs to deliver.
Yes, you have to think something is brewing. Obviously they're semi-convinced Gaudette can be an everyday third line center....If they had any doubts, somebody else would be auditioning for the role and there's no way Gaudette would get four games in a row.

So assuming he continues to build on his recent strong play, what happens next? Seems apparent there'd have to be a trade or a vet ending up on waivers.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
What a shame that Ferland is not playing. Really excited to see Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Is this going to be watch-able from NHL Gamecenter?

Not unless you pay for it.. and I won't be paying for something that has over half of my teams games blacked out..

"With a full season subscription to NHL LIVE™, you would be blacked out from streaming 46 Canucks regional games. "

I would only sign up for something like this if I could watch all Canucks games from the opposing teams broadcast, like with MLB.tv.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I would only sign up for something like this if I could watch all Canucks games from the opposing teams broadcast, like with MLB.tv.

That would be amazing. I would signup in a heartbeat, as I do like watching other teams too.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hutton hat trick!

Surprised they're keeping Chatfield up instead of Rafferty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad