Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5, Kings 7 in Salt Lake City

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Green looking like He is wondering if he is allowed to cut more than the 13 or so he has left to cut before opening night.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Edler has been sleepy this whole game. Only impressive defender has been Hughes.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Tyler Myers isn't close to being a $6MM defender jesus christ.

Honestly, and I know I’m toxic and all, but I think people best get used to seeing replays of the opposition scoring while Myers is trailing behind the play. He is not good defending against the rush/transition. Not sayin* that was him on this play but that is a major weakness.

The question is does his own ability in transition and break outs counter those deficiencies enough that he’s a overall contributor?

Reactions: timw33

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I actually saw an incredible amount of people going crazy about how amazing the Canucks are after the 6-1 win against Edmonton oilers AHL club. (Especially on Sportsnet 650 and Tsn 1040)

Just like I’m seeing people overreact to a 7-4 drubbing against the LA Kings team.

Preseason hockey to me is just fun because I get to watch hockey, The results literally mean absolutely nothing to me.

Individual scoring also means nothing to me, but it’s always nice to see players play well regardless.

I want to see a good effort every single night though, That’s all I’m pretty much asking for in the preseason.

My two cents.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I actually saw an incredible amount of people going crazy about how amazing the Canucks are after the 6-1 win against Edmonton oilers AHL club. (Especially on Sportsnet 650 and Tsn 1040)

Just like I’m seeing people overreact to a 7-4 drubbing against the LA Kings team.

Preseason hockey to me is just fun because I get to watch hockey, The results literally mean absolutely nothing to me.

Individual scoring also means nothing to me, but it’s always nice to see people put up some good points regardless.

I want to see a good effort every single night though, That’s all I’m pretty much asking for in the preseason.

My two cents.

I mostly agree especially for guys that are going to be on the team. It serves to get up to speed and get timing back. However the young guys looking to measure themselves and the bubble players are who I’m watching. You should see something there...and so far this preseason we aren’t seeing anything on the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad