Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Panthers 2 | Up two points, down one Pettersson

Who takes this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I don't like how this transpired but I do think it's pretty pathetic to be faulting a bunch of professional athletes for wanting to win a hockey game.
I honestly don't think you understand. That's okay. It's not just about the win. Hockey is a war. You watch a lot of hockey and you see that again and again. Great teams win the game and the physical battle. They don't put their head down and play when one of their brothers in arms goes down to a dirty hit. They stand up for each other. This speaks volumes about the 'leadership' in the Canucks dressing room.

Even Alex Auld in the post game show is talking about how it's weird to say 'we were going for the 2 points' in game five of the season. He's ex-NHL. He called this victory and response 'hollow' and I couldn't agree more. It's not good. Not just for Petterson, but for the character of this team.

Reactions: iFan

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Dude let it go. The players obviously know what happened. You're embarrassing yourself.

It’s not even relevant. Their 19 year old franchise player in his 4th or whatever game locked up with a guy and came out concussed. That’s a no brainer.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I don't like how this transpired but I do think it's pretty pathetic to be faulting a bunch of professional athletes for wanting to win a hockey game.
For succeeding, no less. If Horvat is "not your captain" then get off the damn boat lmao

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
It was in the corner with the bigger player towards the bench. Do you play hockey? Sometimes things in the corner or on the end boards go unnoticed by the entire bench. It's a regular thing especially considering the puck was long gone at the point.

Cool. Guess no one saw it and the non response is justified. Come on man. Someone saw it. Even if the initial hit wasn't seen, you see your best player layed out on the ice you know something happened.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
This team is so damn unlikable. It's eerie how they are just difficult to cheer for on a consistent basis. If it's not one thing ... it's another.

Gross.

Disgusting. I do not support Bo Horvat being our next Captain. It would be an utter embarrassment for Henrik Sedin.

Loving some of the response in Twitter ripping that comment.

Reactions: Donuts

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
This is absolutely ridiculous. Just saw the full video with how the Matheson hit/attack on Pettersson happened and he was clearly pissed off that Pettersson made him look stupid and he clearly had an intent to injure here. Ridiculous and if he doesn't get suspended then that's pathetic

Wow. The visor winds up over his chin and the chinstrap in his mouth. That's not going to protect you.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Dont give the C to horvat. Wanted him to get it before but he doesnt stand up for his teammates like stamkos does; even if he isnt a fighter he stands up for his teammates.
No veteran on this team deserves the C.

Just wait for jack hughes. The C should go to jack , quinn or EP

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

It's not about this one game, it's about the macro meaning of how badly they failed today. They should be cherishing this win if Pettersson is out for any extended period of time cause they won't be tasting it for a while if so.

Feb 20, 2013
All the so called tough guys on here calling for Matheson's head are a foxing disgrace.

Fighting and violent retaliatory actions are going the way of Don Cherry in today's NHL, and frankly contemporary Canadian society.
You want to send a message? Go score on him his very next shift like Horvat did. Go play better and win the game.

Yes it sucks that EP may be injured, but that doesn't mean that the Canucks should be out for blood.
I am dead sure that Pettersson would say the same.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010

Green's missing the point. Either you step in right away or you bring the physical game afterward. You ramp up the physicality and hit them hard. You don't stop throwing hits for the rest of the period. Green's got the wrong take on this IMO. We're hard to play against like marshmallows are abrasive and tough.

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I honestly don't think you understand. That's okay. It's not just about the win. Hockey is a war. You watch a lot of hockey and you see that again and again. Great teams win the game and the physical battle. They don't put their head down and play when one of their brothers in arms goes down to a dirty hit. They stand up for each other. This speaks volumes about the 'leadership' in the Canucks dressing room.

Even Alex Auld in the post game show is talking about how it's weird to say 'we were going for the 2 points' in game five of the season. He's ex-NHL. He called this victory and response 'hollow' and I couldn't agree more. It's not good. Not just for Petterson, but for the character of this team.

That has more to do with how f***ing terrible the group of people put together by management is, especially since the idea of "protecting the kids" has been a popular theme in the past year. Our management chose to die on this hill. If they didn't, I'd be more okay with the situation. I don't recall the Penguins ever "getting back" at teams or anything like that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of Horvat's comments or Green's coaching decisions. And I don't even really like either of those players.

Interwebuserguy

Aug 2, 2005
Cool. Guess no one saw it and the non response is justified. Come on man. Someone saw it. Even if the initial hit wasn't seen, you see your best player layed out on the ice you know something happened.

K. I trust the guys out there rather than some random person on the internet. They are all hockey players and they know what to do when shit like that occurs. The fact that some of you are questioning that is gross.

Reactions: Nomobo

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
K. I trust the guys out there rather than some random person on the internet. They are all hockey players and they know what to do when **** like that occurs. The fact that some of you are questioning that is gross.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Green and Roussel have both already been interviewed and said they saw the hit and knew what happened.

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
The reactions in here about the team and Horvat in particular are way over the top. You go for the win and live to fight another day. That's the smart thing to do.

But yeah, throwing Horvat under the bus the way I see it in here is kinda revolting.
Revolting is the right word. Yall gotta pump your brakes before you go over the cliff

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
All the so called tough guys on here calling for Matheson's head are a foxing disgrace.

Fighting and violent retaliatory actions are going the way of Don Cherry in today's NHL, and frankly contemporary Canadian society.
You want to send a message? Go score on him his very next shift like Horvat did. Go play better and win the game.

Yes it sucks that EP may be injured, but that doesn't mean that the Canucks should be out for blood.
I am dead sure that Pettersson would say the same.

I agree with this.

But it's exactly why saying that guys like guddy and roussel create a "safe working environment" is utter BS.

You can't believe what you said and still believe that gudbranson belongs on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad