Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Panthers 2 | Up two points, down one Pettersson

Who takes this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
the thing is, because they didn't react now, they're probably gonna react 1000 times worse the next time we play them and the whole damn thing will be even crappier

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Our management chose to die on this hill. If they didn't, I'd be more okay with the situation.

I think this is the salient point, the management group are a bunch of hypocrites who are 100% unable to assess the strengths and weaknesses of hockey players.

Interwebuserguy

Aug 2, 2005
Green's missing the point. Either you step in right away or you bring the physical game afterward. You ramp up the physicality and hit them hard. You don't stop throwing hits for the rest of the period. Green's got the wrong take on this IMO. We're hard to play against like marshmallows are abrasive and tough.

The Canucks roster is not a "hard to play against" team. There are only a couple of those in the league.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Nobody did anything because it didn't really look that bad until you see the replay...and even then its really not THAT bad...it was just a bad result. Should have been a 2 minute roughing penalty.

Reactions: Nomobo

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The reactions in here about the team and Horvat in particular are way over the top. You go for the win and live to fight another day. That's the smart thing to do.

But yeah, throwing Horvat under the bus the way I see it in here is kinda revolting.

Celebrating a meaningless win, in a meaningless season, after a 19-year old, 180lb kid was assaulted is revolting.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Well it's become a **** PR storm for the Canucks. Almost all the comments in the Vancouver official twitter is very very negative.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Nobody did anything because it didn't really look that bad until you see the replay...and even then its really not THAT bad...it was just a bad result. Should have been a 2 minute roughing penalty.

They did see that play. Did you not see the comment from Roussel that they felt the 2 points was more important?

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
That has more to do with how ****ing terrible the group of people put together by management is, especially since the idea of "protecting the kids" has been a popular theme in the past year. Our management chose to die on this hill. If they didn't, I'd be more okay with the situation. I don't recall the Penguins ever "getting back" at teams or anything like that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of Horvat's comments or Green's coaching decisions. And I don't even really like either of those players.
That's fair. I am definitely emotional right now but calming down. I agree, the sentiment should always be to win. Like I said, I don't want a cheapshot or anything like that, but the Canucks actually seemed to play softer after that. That in particular is what's driving me nuts.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Even Travis ****ing Hamonic stood up for his rookie. Just embarrassing

Exactly. That's what makes this incident even more gut wrenching. I would love to have Hamonic on this team, that's a guy that would stand up for his team mates.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Some people here clearly have no idea what it's like to play competitive sports. For you guys, the game may as well be played on a spreadsheet.

Do I support a completely Neanderthal style of hockey? No, of course not. I do support sticking up for your teammates, especially your star rookie FFS!! You don't even have to be a big tough guy to do it. It can be anyone. It's not about "violence". It's about what should be natural team spirit!

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
if Guddy wants to play like a steaming hot pile of turd then he needs to do what he said he was going to do, and "protect the kids"

He'll fight to protect his own ass when HE lays a hit on a rookie, but when OUR STAR PLAYER gets violently thrown head first into the ice he won't man up and do his damn job?

Focusing on the win? How the **** does Gudbranson help us get 2 points? By getting walked every other time they enter our zone? He'd be helping more by spending 5 minutes in the box and getting his ECHL level play off the ice.

What a joke.

Also I'm pretty done with Bo this year. I like him as a player, but all this Stoic poise crap is so boring. It's like his whole personality has been coached out of him. I'd much rather see him wear an A and let Petey take the C. Even Boeser is ahead of Bo now.

God I hate this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad