Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Avalanche 2; Shane O'Brien unable to find the cure for Roxy flu

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Can't believe AV is using Ballard at forward instead of Alberts or Barker. Alberts was horrendous last game.

AV should have tried Ballard with the Twins though.

With Ballard at forward you can at least have a 3rd line. With Barker or Alberts at forward you might as well get new heart and lungs ready for transplant as those Top 6 guys will need them once the game is over.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Anybody believe Valk when he said that Penguins became the Cup favourites by a quote on quote "long shot" with the addition of Morrow?

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Loui Eriksson available? This is THE PERFECT playmaker winger for Kesler, if Gillis not doing anything he's an idiot. I don't care if it cost the future or some roster player Gillis have to try.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Loui Eriksson available? This is THE PERFECT playmaker winger for Kesler, if Gillis not doing anything he's an idiot. I don't care if it cost the future or some roster player Gillis have to try.

Prime example of why fans aren't GM's.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada

I'd bet my left nut he is not moved.

Ah good game time. Was getting really bored.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think the only reason Eriksson's name is being put out there is because his NTC kicks in next season. Dallas might be seeing what they can get for him, but I highly doubt he's actually moved.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Originally Posted by billvanseattle (March 19 VS St.L.)
Looking forward to this one - I get to be the ticket holder fan of the game. Getting a signed Daniel jersey and some other perks, I am simply assuming my great day will conclude in a win, and the Canucks will go on to dominate the rest of the season and the playoffs as a result of my inspiration.

Taelin: If that happens, I'm sending you flowers everyday until the end of the year.

I think we all realize I am the inspiration the Canucks needed ... and Taelin is going to have to send me some flowers soon or ruin the spell.

I hope I'll be sending flowers come mid/late June!

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
I think the only reason Eriksson's name is being put out there is because his NTC kicks in next season. Dallas might be seeing what they can get for him, but I highly doubt he's actually moved.

Even with a NTC, you'd imagine if the Canucks could muscle up the right offer, he would most definitely waive to Vancouver. Fellow countrymen Henrik, Daniel and Edler would be hard to turn away from.

Top PP:
Kesler-Sedin-Louie
Edler-Daniel

I'm done.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Anybody believe Valk when he said that Penguins became the Cup favourites by a quote on quote "long shot" with the addition of Morrow?

They we're already cup contenders, adding Morrow makes them a cup favourite for sure, but not by a long shot.

If Crosby or Malkin go into a slump at any time in the year, the Pens won't be able to win a game.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I would say the Penguins are definitely the favourites. Adding the leadership and grit that Brendan Morrow brings definitely gives them three dangerous lines now. At this point I would say Pittsburgh, Boston, Anaheim, Chicago and Montreal are the teams I would put money on for the Cup. They're the 5 that are clearly ahead of everyone else.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Good start. We have way more jump thank I thought we would. Need to pot one, though...We'll likely fade as the game goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad