Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Avalanche 2; Shane O'Brien unable to find the cure for Roxy flu

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Didn't watch the game today. I was too busy winning Rec Champions at UBC.

My only comment.

May Ray <3

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Lappy is on the team for playoff Lappy. Watch games where the intensity is up and the crowds into it. He's a player that feeds off the atmosphere

I actually had little issue with him last year regular season.

Playoff time he did very little last year though but neither did the rest of the team. He did get a game or two filling in for daniel though if i recall with henrik.

This is probably the first season i am really disappointed with him in general and think his game is going south.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wouldn't say JG is THAT good on the PP, he occasionally has trouble receiving passes and doesn't wow anyone with his vision. But hell, he has a huge shot and loves shooting. I don't think anyone else in our team thinks like that.

His mobility and his ability to hold the blue-line are gravy.

Imagine

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Edler-Garrison

#1 PP unit.

Edler/Garrison hasn't really worked but Edler and the Sedins have nice chemistry. Kesler is Kesler, Garrison is on the right side as a one-time option. The PKers now have to defend against the Sedins down low cycling game, Kesler in front of the net, Garrison's bomb and Edler's passing.

The last time this pairing was put on the PP, the wrong guy was unloading from the point. That needs to be Garrison doing that, not Edler.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I love Garrison on the 1st unit. Not afraid to shoot. I wish Edler would catch a bit of Garrison's self-confidence back there instead of deferring as often as he does.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
His mobility and his ability to hold the blue-line are gravy.

Imagine

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Edler-Garrison

#1 PP unit.

Edler/Garrison hasn't really worked but Edler and the Sedins have nice chemistry. Kesler is Kesler, Garrison is on the right side as a one-time option. The PKers now have to defend against the Sedins down low cycling game, Kesler in front of the net, Garrison's bomb and Edler's passing.

The last time this pairing was put on the PP, the wrong guy was unloading from the point. That needs to be Garrison doing that, not Edler.

Instead of retaliating after our players are hurt by a dirty check, just send Garrison out on the pp to snipe people. Honestly, I've never seen so many players in pain in such a short amount of time from getting hit with the puck. It's too bad that a few of the times they were Canucks players. :laugh:

He took out Stastny last night, right?

But seriously, Canucks players need to get out of the way when Garrison is shooting for their own safety. I mean, i know they have to create traffic, but be careful. Garrison probably needs to be more accurate with his shot though too.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
just finished watching the game, and the biggest thing that stood out to me was how unbelievably bad cam barker is in his own zone...guy is virtually unplayable at this point and having to play him on d negates any good that can come out of playing keith ballard as a winger

fortunately edler is back next game and he can go back to the press box, but that player should not touch the ice for one minute in the playoffs

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
This is probably the first season i am really disappointed with him in general and think his game is going south.

He put on too much weight too fast in the off season. He needs some time to get used to the extra bulk and get his endurance back up. That and a brain transplant.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
By the way, I see we got 4 straight penalties in the third last night. Game management? Or were they actual penalties?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
By the way, I see we got 4 straight penalties in the third last night. Game management? Or were they actual penalties?

Lapierre took two consecutive dumb penalties, followed by Alberts, and then Higgins (which was a pretty lame call -- leading to a 5 on 3 which we were killing quite nicely until the puck bounced off Hamhuis' skate and into the net).

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Lapierre took two consecutive dumb penalties, followed by Alberts, and then Higgins (which was a pretty lame call -- leading to a 5 on 3 which we were killing quite nicely until the puck bounced off Hamhuis' skate and into the net).

Thought it went off Hansen's skate.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Yarp. Can't complain the Canucks did the crimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->