Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Avalanche 2; Shane O'Brien unable to find the cure for Roxy flu

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think Higgins fits with the twins well. Smart player with underrated finishing ability.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Higgins with the Sedins! Yes! I'm not sure why but i love this.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm a big Higgins fan and also it hasn't been tried before hence maybe it will work?

Another important 2 points, please get the win.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We're extremely beat up right now, hoping we can get healed before playoffs. Almost time to recall the whole Chicago Wolves roster just to the let the Canucks roster heal. :help:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Probably playing through a minor injury. Vigneault was saying a few days ago there were some banged up players, but wouldn't say who.

Burrows has been playing like crap for a while now. Was actually disappointed that AV didn't demote him earlier. Don't know about injuries but it's concerning with the new deal and everything.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Higgins with the Twins? I've been wanting to see that.

Ballard as a forward again?! Hell yeah! :handclap: So excited. I really liked how he played the last time he was put as a forward.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Weise out with shoulder injury, so Ballard's back in, but that's not the weirdest thing about tonight's lines...

Burrows has been struggling, and on top of that it's the second of back to back, 3rd game in 4 nights, 5th game in 7 nights, and it's at altitude in Denver. Anything they can do to spread things out and roll the lines as much as possible is a bonus. Especially when you've got howevermany call-ups and a defenseman playing forward.

Anyway, the Avs are bad, but the Canucks should lose this one. Hoping they can tough out a win, but 5 games in 7 nights, with all those injuries, is really brutal.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Sweet! Didn't know where else to put it but Nolan was fined for his cross-check on Henrik Sedin. Good to see that they didn't completely ignore it. Damn right!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sweet! Didn't know where else to put it but Nolan was fined for his cross-check on Henrik Sedin. Good to see that they didn't completely ignore it. Damn right!

Just saw that, too.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040 7m
Jordan Nolan fined $1436.94 for cross checking Henrik Sedin yesterday. That'll send a message. especially since we round up now, so $1436.95
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Not exactly going to hurt Nolan's wallet, but at least the NHL noticed. Although I'm trying to figure out who the bigger coward on that play was; Nolan for nailing Henrik while he was down, or Doughty for plastering Henrik and proceeding to high-tail it off the ice as fast as possible.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Can't believe AV is using Ballard at forward instead of Alberts or Barker. Alberts was horrendous last game.

AV should have tried Ballard with the Twins though.

Either way you shake it, Alberts and Barker are bad option on forward or defense. There's really no winning. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad