Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3, Avalanche 2; Shane O'Brien unable to find the cure for Roxy flu

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
A little surprised Schneider's in again. He played outstanding last night, but he said himself that it was one of the most difficult games he's played in a while, so he could be low on energy in this one.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
AV usually splits back to backs with one exception - if one of the goalies has a shutout in the first game. So Schneider starting again doesn't surprise me.

Hope the team can play another prototypical road game and eek one out.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
AV usually splits back to backs with one exception - if one of the goalies has a shutout in the first game. So Schneider starting again doesn't surprise me.

Hope the team can play another prototypical road game and eek one out.

I said earlier this year that whenever a goalie gets a shutout he should start the next game no matter what, and nothing has changed to make me want to deviate from that plan. Playing the worst team in the west could also allow Schneider to get a mini shutout streak going too.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If it was any team other than the Avs I'd say we should be happy with a point, but they are terrible so I'm saying victory or bust. Hopefully we get more than 13 shots.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Fun facts:

•The Canucks are looking to continue their recent domination over the Avs tonight. They have won their last eight straight games against Colorado and have earned points in 18 straight games against the Avs (16-0-2) dating back to November 1, 2009. The Canucks have also won their last three straight games at the Pepsi Center and haven't lost in regulation in their last eight trips to Denver (7-0-1).

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Originally Posted by billvanseattle (March 19 VS St.L.)
Looking forward to this one - I get to be the ticket holder fan of the game. Getting a signed Daniel jersey and some other perks, I am simply assuming my great day will conclude in a win, and the Canucks will go on to dominate the rest of the season and the playoffs as a result of my inspiration.

Taelin: If that happens, I'm sending you flowers everyday until the end of the year.

I think we all realize I am the inspiration the Canucks needed ... and Taelin is going to have to send me some flowers soon or ruin the spell.

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks lines in DEN: daniel-henrik-higgins / raymond-schroeder-hansen / ballard-ebbett-burrows / sestito-lapierre-gordon

Weise out with shoulder injury, so Ballard's back in, but that's not the weirdest thing about tonight's lines...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I do like that AV made a conscious effort to keep that second line together, and Burrows has been struggling lately. I'm ok with the changes made today. Also I realize that Bieksa/Alberts is inevitable because Ballard is moving up

tn73151845.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad