Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
RE: Leafs.

How come they play 9:00 ET when in Alberta? How come they play 10:00 and 10:30 ET when in California? Why is it only in Vancouver they have to make the home team fans adjust?

why is it that our game against the leafs is always on a Saturday? why is it that neither the oilers or flames game is on saturday during the Leafs road trip? why is the Toronto game always a saturday on the canucks roadtrip? Why do we need to have this explained to us every single year? why does it matter?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
why is it that our game against the leafs is always on a Saturday? why is it that neither the oilers or flames game is on saturday during the Leafs road trip? why is the Toronto game always a saturday on the canucks roadtrip? Why do we need to have this explained to us every single year? why does it matter?

$$

Don't worry... It's pretty much done after this yr. The Oilers/McDavid are set to take the 4pm home game from us vs the Leafs here on out. The Leafs western swings will have them end up in Vancouver/Calgary on a Friday or Monday with Edmonton getting the Saturday slot.

No more HFVan complaining from people failing to realize it was actually a good thing.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Like the 10am start

I like the 10am start. I'll likely be at the gym for half the game, but at least it won't cut into the BC Lions game at 4.

Rue #1 about going to the gym- tell everyone you know that you're going to the gym

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Like the 10am start

Rue #1 about going to the gym- tell everyone you know that you're going to the gym

hahahahah and dont forget to post on fb, twitter and pics at the gym on instagram #workingout #keepingfit

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
All this lineup needs is Biega in for Bartowski or Weber and we are set. Both have had their bad moments lately, if you were ever gonna take them out now is the time. Bartowski is a lefty and has only sat once, his turn to ride the pine. None of these guys should have guaranteed starts, the three of them should be fighting it out every game for those final two spots.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Ya I should have clarified I meant forward line combos. And while I'd love Dorsett off the team, I'm being realistic and at least he's as low in the line up as he can be. Also like Higgins down on the 4th as he should be good with McCann and it lets Baertschi slot back in.

For sure its not a perfect line up, but for the players and coach we have it's the best I think we'll see.

dorsett is great at his role. Who else could handle his job with the team. The only guy on the team willing to fight. Good skater and intense every game. Pretty tough too.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
dorsett is great at his role. Who else could handle his job with the team. The only guy on the team willing to fight. Good skater and intense every game. Pretty tough too.

Eh, I find he's actually a pretty poor fighter and seems quite uncoordinated on a lot of his shifts. I get that he fills a perceived need for a 'crash and bang' winger who can fight but honestly I think we could do without the fighting part and could find a better crasher-and-banger. Even Prust I've come to like a bit more despite his foot speed. But I get that some people like Dorsett more than me, so just chalk it up to different tastes.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

When does he even win his fights? :laugh: He's a punching bag. Fighter? Sure! Good at doing it? Not really.

Eric Fehr made Dorsett look like an idiot the other game - nothing new here.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Honestly... I'm fine with Saturday morning starts.

I love sleeping in and watching hockey as I eat breakfast.

Agreed. Waffles, fresh cup of coffee and watching hockey in PJs is great.

I like the lineup. Interested to see how Higgins responds next game, coming back from a foot injury like his is tough and I disappointed to see him starting on Horvat's line. Luckily he only played less than 10 minutes and didn't seem to aggravate his foot. I'm excited to see the Higgins and McCann combo but would be ecstatic if McCann saw some icetime on the PP. He's got such a wicked shot that its a damn shame he isn't on the PP regularly.

I'm also interested to see how Baertschi responds. He's strung some good games together and was looking more like the Baertschi from the AHL playoffs. Definitely didn't deserve to be scratched last game so hopefully he plays well enough so Willie would be dumb to scratch him.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Dorsett is doing good service for this club. that's about all there is to say about it.

He tries hard, I'll given him that. He's just so ... meh ... at everything he does.

Fights but seems overmatched most of the time.

Hits but ends up on his butt more often than the guys he hits.

Skates around chasing the puck but rarely ever gets it.

He's like a hybrid of an almost-good fighter and an almost-good energy player, but isn't really all that good at either one. Would be better for the team having an actual heavyweight play 6 minutes a game and a more effective energy player playing 14 minutes instead of Dorsett doing neither role overly well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad