Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Guys it's no slight against the Vancouver fan base, but you have to realize that the east coast franchises don't schedule their games to satisfy the west coast fan base any more than you play your games at 4 so we can watch at 7 back here. I have to follow Vancouver games into the 1-2 a.m. hours. It's a 1 p.m. start for the Buffalo crowd.

Last week both Connecticut AHL teams played their games on Wednesday at 10 a.m. eastern time! How do you think the fans of their opponents took to that?

Everyone just has to go with the flow. It will be great for the Comets fans going to Buffalo to see the Papa Canucks and getting back to Utica in time to watch the baby Canucks. If they watch the whole game in Buffalo it's unlikey they arrive at the Aud by puck drop. Might actually miss a whole period.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Guys it's no slight against the Vancouver fan base, but you have to realize that the east coast franchises don't schedule their games to satisfy the west coast fan base any more than you play your games at 4 so we can watch at 7 back here. I have to follow Vancouver games into the 1-2 a.m. hours. It's a 1 p.m. start for the Buffalo crowd.

Last week both Connecticut AHL teams played their games on Wednesday at 10 a.m. eastern time! How do you think the fans of their opponents took to that?

Everyone just has to go with the flow. It will be great for the Comets fans going to Buffalo to see the Papa Canucks and getting back to Utica in time to watch the baby Canucks. If they watch the whole game in Buffalo it's unlikey they arrive at the Aud by puck drop. Might actually miss a whole period.

Personally I'm just curious as to what the reasoning behind it is.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The Sabres have seven Saturday afternoon games starting at 1:00 pm scheduled this season. Nothing wrong with a little afternoon hockey on a Saturday.

A lot of Canada Niagara region people have Sabres seasons or game packs (a good friend of mine included). Can't help but wonder if some of it in hopes of having people come in for the day/weekend and spend some extra cash in the area.

Also can't help but wonder if it's because the NHL wants them to get extra NBC exposure because of Eichel.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
@VanCanucks: Lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virt
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Higgins-McCann-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Weber

It alaways surprises me when WD does an obvious right thing.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
@VanCanucks: Lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virt
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Higgins-McCann-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Weber

It alaways surprises me when WD does an obvious right thing.

These are the best looking line combos I think I've seen all season. Gonna hope for a good game so that Willie won't touch them for the remaining 68 games.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
These are the best looking line combos I think I've seen all season. Gonna hope for a good game so that Willie won't touch them for the remaining 68 games.

Well I still don't like seeing Dorsett in the lineup. Guy is quickly becoming embarrassing from his physical no show in the playoffs, his text thanking Benning for Prust because he needed help, and his play thus far this year.

And the blueline is a disaster but nothing he can really do there. As much as Biega has a lot of try he is also not likely to really be much better than all the other #7s they have.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Well I still don't like seeing Dorsett in the lineup. Guy is quickly becoming embarrassing from his physical no show in the playoffs, his text thanking Benning for Prust because he needed help, and his play thus far this year.

And the blueline is a disaster but nothing he can really do there. As much as Biega has a lot of try he is also not likely to really be much better than all the other #7s they have.
Meh, Dorsett is fine.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
I like having 5 or 6 afternoon games every year. Nice change of pace.

Yeah, I'm sort of looking forward to sitting down and watching this one and then having my afternoon/evening free.

Of course, these morning games are usually absolute dogs.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hoping for chemistry with higgins and mccann

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
This 1:00PM EST thing works out extremely well for me. I ruled out going to a Canucks game this year because Stubhub prices at ACC were $200+ US for nosebleeds.

I managed to rent a car for the day to drive to Buffalo and buy two tickets in row 2 at the hash marks for the price of one ticket to the Leafs game in the upper bowl.

Psyched.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Just had a fun chat with a Sabres fan on Twitter.
Would you guys trade Sbisa for Mike Weber?
He's 27 making 1.6m this season and is an UFA this summer.
I think I'll take it.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Ya I should have clarified I meant forward line combos. And while I'd love Dorsett off the team, I'm being realistic and at least he's as low in the line up as he can be. Also like Higgins down on the 4th as he should be good with McCann and it lets Baertschi slot back in.

For sure its not a perfect line up, but for the players and coach we have it's the best I think we'll see.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
I think I'll take it.

Basically sounds like a get out of jail free card.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I think I'll take it.

Are you guys that desperate to get rid of Sbisa's contract? I don't think you understand how bad Mike Weber really is.

I haven't followed Sbisa's career too much. I know he was highly regarded in Philly and Anaheim, but I can't imagine him actively hurting your team as much as Weber would.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Are you guys that desperate to get rid of Sbisa's contract? I don't think you understand how bad Mike Weber really is.

I haven't followed Sbisa's career too much. I know he was highly regarded in Philly and Anaheim, but I can't imagine him actively hurting your team as much as Weber would.

I'll take the cap space for the year and the freedom after that and run like hell.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
There's isn't a pending UFA in the league that I wouldn't trade Sbisa for. Easy question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad