Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Guys it's no slight against the Vancouver fan base, but you have to realize that the east coast franchises don't schedule their games to satisfy the west coast fan base any more than you play your games at 4 so we can watch at 7 back here. I have to follow Vancouver games into the 1-2 a.m. hours. It's a 1 p.m. start for the Buffalo crowd.

Last week both Connecticut AHL teams played their games on Wednesday at 10 a.m. eastern time! How do you think the fans of their opponents took to that?

Everyone just has to go with the flow. It will be great for the Comets fans going to Buffalo to see the Papa Canucks and getting back to Utica in time to watch the baby Canucks. If they watch the whole game in Buffalo it's unlikey they arrive at the Aud by puck drop. Might actually miss a whole period.

We have to do that when the Leafs come to town

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Are you guys that desperate to get rid of Sbisa's contract? I don't think you understand how bad Mike Weber really is.

I haven't followed Sbisa's career too much. I know he was highly regarded in Philly and Anaheim, but I can't imagine him actively hurting your team as much as Weber would.

Escape $3.6m per year for 3 years. I wouldn't even care if they waived Mike Weber.

Alpha

英霊
Dec 15, 2011
Are you guys that desperate to get rid of Sbisa's contract? I don't think you understand how bad Mike Weber really is.

I haven't followed Sbisa's career too much. I know he was highly regarded in Philly and Anaheim, but I can't imagine him actively hurting your team as much as Weber would.

It's possible they're equal in terms of talent, but one of them is getting paid $3.6 million over the next three years and one is a pending UFA.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Im pumped for 10am start although the games usually stink. I love waking up on the weekend to a baseball, football or the rare hockey game before I head out for the day. Make a nice breakfast during first intermission, do a little clean up in second intermission, go on to enjoy the rest of your day.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
Me too. Can't possibly mess up the leafs routine. Let's make the home teams players change their pre game routine instead. BS

Oh come on. It's well worth the inconvenience to watch the Leaf's get their ***** handed to them and listen as the "Go Leafs Go" chant gets overwhelmed by the sound of "Leafs Suck! Leafs Suck!"

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
@VanCanucks: Lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virt
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Higgins-McCann-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Weber

It alaways surprises me when WD does an obvious right thing.

Swap Biega and Bartkowski and this may be the best line combinations with the personnel at hand.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
It's actually because there are more viewers in Ontario, which is still BS.

Having lived in TO for a year now, I can say that I'm able to stay up and watch about 1/5 of the games that start at 7:00 Pacific, and I consider myself a pretty big fan.

I still watch them all the next day, but in the world of TV ratings that doesn't count. So if the majority of people potentially watching the game are in Toronto, I understand the business decision. But as someone who grew up on the west coast I'm of the opinion that it's BS for all the home fans to have to rearrange their lives or miss a home game just because it's the Leafs.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It's actually because there are more viewers in Ontario, which is still BS.

I know. Its just also convenient it keeps the away team aka the center of the universe team on their normal schedule

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Meh, Dorsett is fine.

I'm not saying he can't be on a 4th line or anything. I just find him embarrassing right now. Would much rather see Gaunce in the lineup or something. Not even going to get into the contract thing.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
no chance im going to be up at 10am on a saturday lel

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What ends up happening is me setting an alarm and actually waking up early for the game but falling asleep until the 3rd period

nutbar

Jan 19, 2011
A lot of Canada Niagara region people have Sabres seasons or game packs (a good friend of mine included). Can't help but wonder if some of it in hopes of having people come in for the day/weekend and spend some extra cash in the area.

Also can't help but wonder if it's because the NHL wants them to get extra NBC exposure because of Eichel.

I always heard Buffalo was kind of a dump though. No offense to anyone.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea plays at 9 30 tomorrow and I have to leave for a haircut immediately after. Looks like I'll be recording this one.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
All the talk of a 10am start time.

In this age of PVR I don't see why it's a big deal to anyone.

Stay out late Friday. Wake up whenever you want Saturday, get yourself settled and turn on the game.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
RE: Leafs.

How come they play 9:00 ET when in Alberta? How come they play 10:00 and 10:30 ET when in California? Why is it only in Vancouver they have to make the home team fans adjust?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
All the talk of a 10am start time.

In this age of PVR I don't see why it's a big deal to anyone.

Stay out late Friday. Wake up whenever you want Saturday, get yourself settled and turn on the game.

Because there's nothing like watching a game live. If you watch it later, you can't follow on the GDT, you can't follow on twitter, you have to turn your phone off, you can't watch anything else until you are done the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad