Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Lightning 1 | 22/12/15 | 4:30 PM SNP (MOD Warning: Post #250)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm advocating selling off veterans to acquire youth and prospects. You're saying that the dream of doing so is dead? That doesn't make sense.

The optimistic part of my post is that the Canucks can sell and still do well, because the youth brought up from Utica will be ready to succeed, not that new depth acquisitions will lead to a run in the playoffs.

The good majority of that post wasn't directed at you, more so the posters boasting for playoffs playoffs playoffs at any cost, but I did read your post wrong regarding selling assets.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The good majority of that post wasn't directed at you, more so the posters boasting for playoffs playoffs playoffs at any cost, but I did read your post wrong regarding selling assets.

Thanks for that.

Like many, I fear that management won't sell at the deadline. That'd be a disappointment.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

The entire line of discussion was based off of selling veterans and still having a shot at playoffs. If the team can do that, it's awesome as it means players are developing and gaining positive experience.

Has anyone recently advocated going all in with this core and being buyers at the trade deadline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad