Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2, Flames 4: I </3 Cam Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As a 2c/3c he'd be a fantastic pickup so long as AV doesn't screw it up. He'd instantly improve the 2nd unit on the PP. Kesler can play centre or play on his wing. The opens up Schroeder to play 4C if needs be while Lappy waits for his annual playoff appearance.

I agree the complaints against him are more attitude related, his numbers look great this year, but i know sportsnet the other week possibly darren milard was going off on how he would not want him on his team, several canuck fans on here seem to feel that way to on the main board, I would have no problem with him.

He is the next semin right now it seems.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
I can't say I agree at all with moving Lapierre up a line and Schroeder down. Lapierre has done nothing for most of the season. Not that Schroeder is anything special but he at least moves the puck to his wingers properly. Lappy needs to lose the 'muscle' he added in the offseason, his physical game has just vanished this season. Fourth line is where he belongs until he gets his game together.

Nice to see Kassian not making ridiculous passes in the offensive zone last 2 games. That was getting really annoying. I assume the coaches talked to him about puck management and not blindly conceding possession. Good to see he listened.

Barker is just as awful as I expected. He just cannot skate, and because of that backs off like crazy and concedes the blueline. He needs to be ditched on waivers tomorrow, he is not NHL calibre. Sadly this will not happen.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They are saying healthy scratch. We can't really figure it out. Either AV really hates Ballard or a trade is coming or he is injured and they are covering it up. I don't know why they would do that though.

There was some rumor from some newspaper article saying that Ballard's nametag is no longer on his locker. Did anyone else read that?

Where'd you read that?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
A poor game marked by poor play following a unscheduled flight from southern California. It was just a bunch of fail compounding into a cluster bad enough that Calgary won with a desperate effort.

Speculating, but it seems like the team is doing assessments. This might be pre-trade preparations? They might need to know if Barker can play with Edler before they deal Ballard? I would have expected Luongo talk, re: Theodore, before Ballard but whatever.

I've wondered that as well, it's about all that makes sense atm. Can our depth play a regular game? Answer: no.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
*sigh* Thoughts:

--Well, Ballard needs to do the obvious. He has to fire his agent and hire whoever represents Cam Barker. How that clown keeps getting NHL contracts is beyond me.

--Game should've been 10-0 after 2 periods. Lost count of missed shots and chances on an obviously shaky goalie. No killer instinct tonight. Hell, our 4th line had the Flames hemmed in their own zone for long stretches.

--Willing to write off the 3rd period as the result of playing 2 games in less than 24 hours and being stuck in travel hell, but like I said, should never have come down to the 3rd period.

--Luongo back down to earth with his formerly familiar bad goal against.

--In what ****ing fantasy world does AV live in if he thinks Ballard should be behind Barker and Alberts? Are there unicorns there? Alberts is okay in his own zone, Barker is okay in the offensive zone, and both are bloody useless everywhere else. I was watching Barker carefully tonight, and I have no idea why the hell we signed him. He has absolutely no head for the game. None. He looks utterly lost in any situation beyond shooting the puck. I can see Alberts being around for a decent physical presence in his own zone, but that's all he's got. Basically a Shane O'Brien without the sense of humour and alcoholism. No way in bloody hell should Ballard sit over either one. No idea WTF AV's been smoking.

--Lappy's a black hole.

--Lines should be: Sedins+Burr, Higgins+Raymond+Hansen, Booth+Schroeder+Kassian, Sestito+Lappy+Weise. Sort the bottom 6 out, you clowns.

--Refs: **** you spotlight-hogging morons! Nobody gives a **** about your petty beefs. If you can't do your jobs like professionals, go drive cabs or flip burgers at McDonald's or something. You're not part of the story. You're not there to be in the action yourselves. The drama is supposed to be between two hockey teams, not two hockey teams and the zebras. Screw your ****ing heads on straight or GTFO.

*deep sigh*

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What happened to the Schroeder, Raymond and Hansen line?

It was starting to gather too much chemistry, so AV ditched it. But seriously, no one really knows. Schroeder has been demoted, and Raymond has been converted to a center. The lines really don't make sense at most times anymore.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It was starting to gather too much chemistry, so AV ditched it. But seriously, no one really knows. Schroeder has been demoted, and Raymond has been converted to a center. The lines really don't make sense at most times anymore.

I find it hilarious that he demoted Schroeder and now that 3rd line is even worse than it was before.

Yeah, AV, you really fixed that lack of production that we saw from the 3rd line. Go AV go!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Agreed, whats also crazy is higgins keeps saying he can play center but av refuses, instead we force raymond who i dont think ever has and break up that line, and have JS playing with bruising grinders.

If he wants to keep these lines at least switch lapierre and schroeder, but i know av's thinking....

booth-js-kassian, way to much of a risk i am not nearly familiar with any of them like i am lapierre so im not going to go awol with such a combination and try it.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
--Refs: **** you spotlight-hogging morons! Nobody gives a **** about your petty beefs. If you can't do your jobs like professionals, go drive cabs or flip burgers at McDonald's or something. You're not part of the story. You're not there to be in the action yourselves. The drama is supposed to be between two hockey teams, not two hockey teams and the zebras. Screw your ****ing heads on straight or GTFO.

AV's penalty went up on the boxscore as "abuse of officials"

lmao

I wonder what he said, because he doesn't talk a lot. And with foul mouths like Tortorella and Brodreau out there, it either had to be really, really bad or the refs wanted to **** with us.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I agree the complaints against him are more attitude related, his numbers look great this year, but i know sportsnet the other week possibly darren milard was going off on how he would not want him on his team, several canuck fans on here seem to feel that way to on the main board, I would have no problem with him.

He is the next semin right now it seems.

Problem or not he's basically a rental, who cares? If he fits you try and re-sign him, if not adios.

Going all in for RO'R would have been nice until the nucks worked out the waivers thing and the fact we have nothing to sell, and of course Feaster went full Pejorative Slur.

A number #1 dman, Garrison+Ballard = 8.8m vs #1 Dman and #6.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I find it hilarious that he demoted Schroeder and now that 3rd line is even worse than it was before.

Yeah, AV, you really fixed that lack of production that we saw from the 3rd line. Go AV go!

Boggles my mind why he would split that third line up. It was creating quite a few chances, they just weren't converting quite yet, and that warrants the need to split them up? :help: AV has left me confused so many times in only 21 games this year on lines that just don't make sense, and ones that clearly have chemistry, yet get broken up.

lmao

I wonder what he said, because he doesn't talk a lot. And with foul mouths like Tortorella and Brodreau out there, it either had to be really, really bad or the refs wanted to **** with us.

According to AV, all he said was "That's an elbow". :laugh:

Interesting for sure, thanks.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Problem or not he's basically a rental, who cares? If he fits you try and re-sign him, if not adios.

Going all in for RO'R would have been nice until the nucks worked out the waivers thing and the fact we have nothing to sell, and of course Feaster went full Pejorative Slur.

A number #1 dman, Garrison+Ballard = 8.8m vs #1 Dman and #6.

I don't know why you keep singling out Garrison. He has actually fit in well on the right side, better than anyone else, and has been a rock there. He's easily living up to his salary over the past 10 games, excluding the Detroit game.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

lmao

probably chewed his gum too loudly

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I agree that bad calls can greatly influence games, but the woe is me kind of attitude that AV had after the game was embarrassing. Games against the Flames should never come down to one call

I don't really care what the score is though, I can't believe an NHL official would make that call. No excuse for their loss tonight really.

Murph's tweets:

@sportsnetmurph: AV was hot after the game. Said he stood on the bench and yelled "that's an elbow" and got whistled. No swearing and no previous warning.

@sportsnetmurph: Couple of #canucks have confirmed that's all AV said. Shouldn't have been whistled for a bench minor for that. Soft call.

That's ridiculous, game result aside.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007

lmao

I was wondering the same thing. AV doesn't tend to get on the refs much compared to some other coaches. It must have been pretty bad. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad