Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 2 (OT) - Part II

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Didn't watch the game, step-dad told me the score, instant facepalm.

We went from beating the Hawks to losing to the Blue Jackets.. what happened?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Keslerdidthis7.jpg

:sarcasm:

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Terrible game. Boring as ****. Not much redeeming at all.

OT winner by Calvert was brutal for Schneids and all the players on the ice. Just walked right ibm and sniper it. Unacceptable.

Ryan96

Mar 1, 2013
Vancouver
Personally I find this more exciting than winning our division/conference by ten points.

For the first time in a while this team has someone chasing them for the division. I, for one, welcome it.

Even though I have a feeling it won't last long. The Canucks will win 4 or 5 in a row, including both of their upcoming games against Minnesota, and the excitement will be gone again, and a lot of people here will look like a bunch of emotionally unstable children for the way they've behaved these past couple weeks.

I don't know if it's exciting, but rather stressful. I do agree it's more interesting to have someone chasing us for top in the division, but I would rather have that be when we are playing good hockey.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Having seen this team get destroyed at home in the playoffs I can't say I give a rat's ass about home ice anymore. So getting into the playoffs is all I'm looking for. It could also make a big difference on draft day if we're picking close to 20th overall as opposed to 30th overall. There will still be some intriguing players on the board in the middle of the 1st rd.

I'm hoping for an 8th seed and everyone healthy come playoff time.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Wait is this, I don't even. Missed a good portion of the game because I fell asleep, so you know my thoughts on this game.

I PVR it half way through but had a feeling we'd lose. I see my gut was right. Boring game anyway, even if I have it on as I type this. We can only take solace a slide this year could end AV's tenure. I can live with it.

Absolutely no effort from the bits I've watched (watching it now). They almost seemed disinterested and assumed a win was inevitable. I dare say we have gone back to "saving up for the playoffs." This team just does not care about the season.

Crows*

Aren't they saying this draft there could be upwards of 10 real impact 1st rounders?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
exactly, let's keep positive folks!!

I'm usually pretty positive, but it's taken it's toll on me when there really isn't anything to be positive about right now. We haven't just started playing terrible, it's be ongoing for awhile. How anyone can be positive heading into the playoffs is my hero because I just don't feel confident anymore in this team as I have in the past.

I think a lot has to do with AV and the coaching staff, but we need a top six scorer so, so bad.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Going on 2 years since our Cup run and Boston looks even better now than they did then. We, however, are struggling to be competitive against Columbus. Wooooo.

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. All my teams across all sports keep losing (except the Whitecaps, which was nice of them).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'm usually pretty positive, but it's taken it's toll on me when there really isn't anything to be positive about right now. We haven't just started playing terrible, it's be ongoing for awhile. How anyone can be positive heading into the playoffs is my hero because I just don't feel confident anymore in this team as I have in the past.

I think a lot has to do with AV and the coaching staff, but we need a top six scorer so, so bad.

I would also like a top 6 player to bolster our top 6, but I truly think we have something in Booth, he's been looking quite good recently. Also I have faith in Kassian if he can play confident that he can be successful with Kesler and Booth, if not then I think that the reuniting of the AMEX line could really bring something. Seeing the Sedins as they are right now gives me hope that we can turn it around.

Crows*

Not happy with the result but I found myself not even caring about losing now. Just don't care

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
this is just an average team.

average meaning 10-20? I don't think so. We may not be the best in the league, heck, we might not even be in the top 5, but the cup doesn't always go to the best team, it goes to the team that can pull it together at the right time. If we get some of our streaky players to step up and get some luck in terms of staying healthy, we are right up there imo

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Going on 2 years since our Cup run and Boston looks even better now than they did then. We, however, are struggling to be competitive against Columbus. Wooooo.

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. All my teams across all sports keep losing (except the Whitecaps, which was nice of them).
They did the smart thing by trading Kessel for 2 picks that turned into solid players, 1 being a potential superstar in Seguin.

Couple that with the fact that they had young players in Lucic, Marchand, Krejci and Bergeron entering their primes, I'm not surprised.

They're going to really feel the hit though whenever Chara retires or takes a step back. But that may be a while away.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Can't even beat ****ing Columbus, huh? :facepalm:

I dunno, folks. This is not looking good. The LA game was an aberration. Far too many players look like they have no idea what to do at any given time. Something's just not working and hasn't been working for a year now, and I'm sick of AV smiling his smug little grin and acting like everything's just peachy.

--Sedin line was a lot sloppier than usual. Hank took an absolutely brutal penalty late in the 3rd there.

--Just knew Hansen wasn't going to score on the breakaway. It was that kind of night.

--JESUS ****ING CHRIST GET SCHROEDER OFF THE POINT AND OFF THE 4TH LINE!!!!!!!!!! HOW BRAIN-DEAD DO YOU NEED TO BE TO NOT SEE THIS, COACH?!

--Booth officially has Bernier hands right now. It's so sad. Loving his drives to the net, but he REALLY needs to start burying those.

--Kassian looked borderline Pejorative Slured tonight. Kept flying past the play all game long.

--Worst stretch for Edler since the LA series last year. Once Bieksa or Ballard get healthy, bench him for a game. Terrible night. Directly at fault for the OT winner against. Sick of seeing him let guys go flying by him; needs some tough Ballard love from the coach (assuming he has any interest in walking the walk for everyone).

--I think the 4th line made one good play tonight. That's about it.

--Lappy sucked, as usual.

--Alberts sucked, Barker sucked slightly less, hate seeing either one in Canucks uniforms.

No puck luck at all. The "system" they're playing isn't getting the job done; either they've been figured out or they're just not executing. Sometimes it alternates; tonight when they did get into positions to score, they managed to bounce every shot off shinguards or shoot wide. More often, I saw passes made to guys already covered by two Bluejackets. This tells me the strategy is now so widely known even ****ing Columbus can recognize and beat it.

Mind-boggling.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Can't even beat ****ing Columbus, huh? :facepalm:

I dunno, folks. This is not looking good. The LA game was an aberration. Far too many players look like they have no idea what to do at any given time. Something's just not working and hasn't been working for a year now, and I'm sick of AV smiling his smug little grin and acting like everything's just peachy.

--Sedin line was a lot sloppier than usual. Hank took an absolutely brutal penalty late in the 3rd there.

--Just knew Hansen wasn't going to score on the breakaway. It was that kind of night.

--JESUS ****ING CHRIST GET SCHROEDER OFF THE POINT AND OFF THE 4TH LINE!!!!!!!!!! HOW BRAIN-DEAD DO YOU NEED TO BE TO NOT SEE THIS, COACH?!

--Booth officially has Bernier hands right now. It's so sad. Loving his drives to the net, but he REALLY needs to start burying those.

--Kassian looked borderline Pejorative Slured tonight. Kept flying past the play all game long.

--Worst stretch for Edler since the LA series last year. Once Bieksa or Ballard get healthy, bench him for a game. Terrible night. Directly at fault for the OT winner against. Sick of seeing him let guys go flying by him; needs some tough Ballard love from the coach (assuming he has any interest in walking the walk for everyone).

--I think the 4th line made one good play tonight. That's about it.

--Lappy sucked, as usual.

--Alberts sucked, Barker sucked slightly less, hate seeing either one in Canucks uniforms.

No puck luck at all. The "system" they're playing isn't getting the job done; either they've been figured out or they're just not executing. Sometimes it alternates; tonight when they did get into positions to score, they managed to bounce every shot off shinguards or shoot wide. More often, I saw passes made to guys already covered by two Bluejackets. This tells me the strategy is now so widely known even ****ing Columbus can recognize and beat it.

Mind-boggling.

I always enjoy your post game comments. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad