Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 2 (OT) - Part II

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Thinking things will get better, saw good things from Booth and Kassian tonight that are encouraging and i am confident that Edler will rebound

Wizeman*

Hopefully the team will start to bottom out at this point and we can move forward.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wait is this, I don't even. Missed a good portion of the game because I fell asleep, so you know my thoughts on this game.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
We're winning our division but we should blow it up :laugh:

You do realize 4 points (2 games) separate us from being 1st in our division to becoming a team out of the playoff picture. The gap between us and the playoff line right now is 2 games, and we have 1 win in our last 5 including losses to cbj and flames. Were lucky our division is bad.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You do realize 4 points (2 games) separate us from being 1st in our division to becoming a team out of the playoff picture. The gap between us and the playoff line right now is 2 games, and we have 1 win in our last 5.

The West is really close right now, San Jose and LA are two points above 10th, only one game from being out of a playoff spot

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The West is really close right now, San Jose and LA are two points above 10th, only one game out of playoff spot

Agreed but thats my point, its so close if minny wins saturday and we loose to them sunday, we will be below the playoff line, it could quickly go the other way.

I hope not though. And with realignment we wont have this division to lean on anymore at some point.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Agreed but thats my point, its so close if minny wins saturday and we loose to them sunday, we will be below the playoff line, it could quickly go the other way.

I hope not though. And with realignment we wont have this division to lean on anymore.

and im saying that we have created separation, while playing not at our best.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
and im saying that we have created separation, while playing not at our best.

Do we have any indication this will change right away? Because thats the time frame right now. We cant afford to loose anymore with our bad hockey. Sundays game is a big one we need to win.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'm just not confident that the 'bad hockey' will stop once the post season starts.

We saw this last year and what happened there.

I feel that we will turn it around, and maybe having Minny on our tails will give us some incentive. I feel good that the Sedins have really preformed and that is the biggest difference from last year that gives me hope, and I think once we stick with some consistent pairings, our defense will pick up.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
the best thing about this whole situation... the canucks keep talking like they re playing fine lol

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Do we have any indication this will change right away? Because thats the time frame right now. We cant afford to loose anymore with our bad hockey. Sundays game is a big one we need to win.

I think it's a little early for us to have must win games, there is time for us to turn it around. The recent play of Booth is encouraging, also Raymond's play this year. Tanev's play, as well as Garrison's has been encouraging

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Personally I find this more exciting than winning our division/conference by ten points.

For the first time in a while this team has someone chasing them for the division. I, for one, welcome it.

Even though I have a feeling it won't last long. The Canucks will win 4 or 5 in a row, including both of their upcoming games against Minnesota, and the excitement will be gone again, and a lot of people here will look like a bunch of emotionally unstable children for the way they've behaved these past couple weeks.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
I think it's a little early for us to have must win games, there is time for us to turn it around. The recent play of Booth is encouraging, also Raymond's play this year. Tanev's play, as well as Garrison's has been encouraging

Sedins and Hansen have been playing well also. We just need Bieksa and Kesler back and this team will get going, I'm sure of it.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Yea your right but its also a very short season, i am just looking at all aspects.

Minny could turn it up to even if we do play better, and with the way the west is looking its going to be a tight race, there is a bit over a month of hockey left. I think we will play better my concern is that in a short season with not alot of hockey left its just very costly loosing these games we should be winning that could bite us at the end of the season. Maybe we will play good and minny will still struggle and we will win our division no problem, i really dont know, but right now it could go either way and thats whats scary to me. We could continue our loosing streak and minny could heat up and instantly we may be the team on the outside looking in as well.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
somebody needs to tell the Canucks the chant goes "we want the Cup!", not "we want to suck!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad