Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ COVID cases now over 20 (players, staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
"See, see I was right! It's young people!"

-Horgan, probably.

I'm ready to blame the Canadiens for spreading it our way. Positive tests the day after we last played them, and all that.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What the f*** does this even mean? The AHL is in shambles due to a pandemic. What should they do specifically?

The Comets have played fewer games than any team in the league. They have a 6-2-1 record in nine games so far.
Other teams in their division, such as the Hershey Bears, have played 17 games already. The San Diego Gulls lead the league, having played 23 games already this season.

Clearly they Utica is a clown show with protocols.

one-quarter of the Comets 32 games have yet to be rescheduled.
Their GM literally said we have a bad cycle going

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
The Comets have played fewer games than any team in the league. They have a 6-2-1 record in nine games so far.
Other teams in their division, such as the Hershey Bears, have played 17 games already. The San Diego Gulls lead the league, having played 23 games already this season.

Clearly they Utica is a clown show with protocols.

one-quarter of the Comets 32 games have yet to be rescheduled.
But the comets don’t control the rescheduling of games. Do they not follow protocol? Any evidence? I’m not disagreeing with you I just haven’t heard this.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
But the comets don’t control the rescheduling of games. Do they not follow protocol? Any evidence? I’m not disagreeing with you I just haven’t heard this.

Yeah I know they dont control the rescheduling
but their GM Johnson said they have had a "bad cycle" going with the team

take for instance Rochester
They announced four positives COIVID tests after that March 10 game in Utica.
They returned to action last Friday the 25th of march

So lets just wipe it clean, and assume all things being equal with rochester for instance...............they are doing a piss poor job.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There were a number of times in the NFL where a player would miss practice because they were "sick" and then they test positive within a couple days. It shouldn't be a surprise if that happens with Virtanen, too.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
If I had a gun to my head and had to pick which Vancouver players are most likely to contract COVID, I would choose Virtanen and Gaudette.
How do you not pick this guy?

8e949a8ee6b9292f5bf4bb3fabcefd2a97eea162.png

Reactions: bh53

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Maybe I'm not understanding the process, but if he was awaiting test results, why wasn't he already separate from the team?

Or was it a case where everyone is tested regularly, that day everyone was negative except Gaudette, who came back positive and then they removed him?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Maybe I'm not understanding the process, but if he was awaiting test results, why wasn't he already separate from the team?

Or was it a case where everyone is tested regularly, that day everyone was negative except Gaudette, who came back positive and then they removed him?
I think they ran out of time, it was too late

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They have and had about 30 hours to the next game itself, so this shouldn't be a problem at all. If gaudette has it, he has it. Everybody else has been tested negative and no problemo at all :clap: The game is of course happening. :thumb: up:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

It sounds like everyone was tested the day prior and the results for everyone came in while they were on the ice - he was the only one who tested positive.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Hopefully Gaudette gets better soon.

And hopefully when he does him and the Canucks do a public service announcement regarding Covid.

Maybe with the tagline "Kick Covid in the Head".

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Does anyone know where Kole Lind is? Is he with the Canucks in any capacity? Would he at his age possibly hang out with Jake or Adam? He came there from Utica where the virus is obviously wreaking havoc. Is is possible he became an asymptomatic carrier after he arrived and had tested negative?

He was in Vancouver as of 11/14 according to reports. Therefore, he was in Utica on the 10th for that game with Rochester where all the COVID problems for the Comets began. He had practiced with the team the day before in a full cage and red (no contact) jersey. He was withthe team and doing things with the team. He most likely was in the locker room pregame, between periods, postgame, and attended post game activities with the boys. He would also have still beenm there when they met and were told ofd the issue and heard all the protocols.

Then, surprise, he is off to Vancouver. A chance to get his nose fixed (if it wasn't already) and then join the Taxi and get some time in with the club and maybe even get promoted to the team and get a gem or 2. Perhaps he was/is slated to stay with the team for the remainder of the season. Ship Graovac back to Manitoba and there is room for Kole.

In any case no hurry to send him back to the Comets. God knows when/if they will play again. I'm not pleased with what appears to be going on. 3 more canceled games so no game until at least April 9th. Canucks back in action tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Theres no evidence of Covid transmission from *checks notes*, eating p****.

Does anyone know where Kole Lind is? Is he with the Canucks in any capacity? Would he at his age possibly hang out with Jake or Adam? He came there from Utica where the virus is obviously wreaking havoc. Is is possible he became an asymptomatic carrier after he arrived and had tested negative?
Isn't he still in "quarantine"? (I don't know, hence my question)

rypper

Dec 22, 2006

As of the 22nd of March, he's been in Vancouver in quarantine. It's reported that he came to Vancouver to see doctors here for facial injuries but the timing also works for him to get into games post deadline.

What we're hearing about Tanner Pearson and the Canucks approaching the NHL trade deadline

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
As of the 22nd of March, he's been in Vancouver in quarantine. It's reported that he came to Vancouver to see doctors here for facial injuries but the timing also works for him to get into games post deadline.

What we're hearing about Tanner Pearson and the Canucks approaching the NHL trade deadline

He was in Vancouver as of the 14th. Why would quarantine start on the 22nd? Shouldn't quarantine start immediately according to Canadian law. Wouldn't the 7 day quarantine apply to him now or hasn't that gone into effect?

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
He was in Vancouver as of the 14th. Why would quarantine start on the 22nd? Shouldn't quarantine start immediately according to Canadian law. Wouldn't the 7 day quarantine apply to him now or hasn't that gone into effect?

To be honest I was just going by the date of the article. If he was in Vancouver sooner it didn't specify that.

(Also this article was written prior to the change in quarantine rules for players coming from the states. )

Last edited:

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Hopefully Virtanen and Gaudette are ok. Being young athletes I’m sure they will be fine

Reactions: m9

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Hopefully Virtanen and Gaudette are ok. Being young athletes I’m sure they will be fine

You’d hope, however, Rossi has had significant issues getting back from his bout with COVID and was sent home to Austria to rest for the remainder of the season at the end of January. He had it in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00