Canuck select Gustav Forsling 126th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tryamkin and Forsling.....future 'mutt and jeff' D pairing for the 'Nucks!:handclap:

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Didn't manage to catch any Sweden WJHC games but am loving the reported play of Forsling. Here's hoping we have a late round gem

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Didn't manage to catch any Sweden WJHC games but am loving the reported play of Forsling. Here's hoping we have a late round gem

Maybe Taters (Benning) can pull some strings have Forsling move over to the CHL next year?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Why? He's a regular in the SHL playing 18+mins a night against men. Let him stay over for one more season (when his contract expires) then AHL for a year or 2?

Totally agree with this...pretty amazing that as an 18-year old he can hold down a regular spot on the blueline in a tough professional league like the SHL.....watched him a scrimmage at the UBC prospects camp.....won't have much trouble adapting to the smaller rink...moves the puck very quick and already has an NHL bomb from the point.....second coming of Alex Edler?:handclap:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One somewhat promising D man from the 2014 draft is good I guess.

Don't forget Tryamkin from the same draft....longing to see that deadly Forsling-Tryamkin d-pairing.....at the very least their bombs from the point would fell more than a few opposing d-men in front of their own net:nod:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Don't forget Tryamkin from the same draft....longing to see that deadly Forsling-Tryamkin d-pairing.....at the very least their bombs from the point would fell more than a few opposing d-men in front of their own net:nod:

I haven't forgotten about Tryamkin, I'm just not very high on him.

:laugh: At this point I'll settle for one promising d man every 5 years. #canuckfanstandards

:laugh:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
At least one of the two have been an NHLer in every year going back to Jiri Slegr in 1990.

Funny seeing Brent Tully there ... still not sure how a guy who seemed such a sure bet, and who looked so good at the WJCs in 1993 and 1994, ended up flopping in pro the way he did.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Funny seeing Brent Tully there ... still not sure how a guy who seemed such a sure bet, and who looked so good at the WJCs in 1993 and 1994, ended up flopping in pro the way he did.

Hidden Game of Thrones joke.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

He played great not only points and will be with us to the 2016-17 season i hope. Will be a great for us for hopfully over a decade or 2

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
You'd think between Forsling, Hutton, Subban, and Tryamkin, one of these guys will turn out to be something special.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I haven't forgotten about Tryamkin, I'm just not very high on him.

Yeah, I'm in the same camp. Forsling looks real promising in his development so far, and from what he showed in the world juniors he looks to have NHL upside. Perhaps he's a Yannick Weber type; small defenseman with a big shot who can get pucks through to the net at a high percentage rate. Personally I think his ceiling is higher than Weber though.

But with Tryamkin I'm just not seeing anything. There was that one highlights package that everyone was enthralled about, but I've never bought in to the hype. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad