Canuck select Gustav Forsling 126th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Was really good at the U18. Great puck movement, good shot. Seems to have high hockey IQ. Would like to get more viewings in next season.

Good upside for this pick.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Haha whatever. He'll be a home run cuz he a d and was taken in the 5th round.

Bieksa
Corrado
Cederholm
And now Forsling

Like the pick good potential as a bottom four pmd.

Was gonna say we've got good mojo going taking Dmen in the 5th round, so why not keep it goin? Add Hutton to your list.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
This is a pick i can really get behind. Might be our next 5th round D man steal.

Here is what i posted in the other thread:
I really like Forsling. He is a smaller PMD, really excelled on the PP at the U18s. He and Nylander seem to toy with the opposition with the way they moved the puck. Never hesitates to shoot. Good skater, makes a good first pass. I thought he was the best Swedish D man at the U18s.
On his defense:
I thought he was above average. But obviously not a big guy, not aggressive. Needs more strength in battles and coverage in front of the net. But he is what i'd consider a smart player at both ends of the ice.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I would have taken Mayo here aswell, but Forsling was a guy I wanted in the 5th round or later, and here we got him in the 5th round, so I'm really happy with the pick.

Definitely some upside here, looks like another good defender in the 5th round for us.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Seems like a pick with some upside which, honestly, is all you can hope for with these picks. 5th round picks are total gambles but this one seems worthwhile. If we get lucky maybe we could have a Tobias Enstrom on our hands in a few years.

Happy with this pick.

SweedishKeepers

Apr 15, 2013
Was really good at the U18. Great puck movement, good shot. Seems to have high hockey IQ. Would like to get more viewings in next season.

Good upside for this pick.

I believe that he was also ranked highly as ISS as well. Could be a nice sleeper prospect

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Love this pick. Offensive defenseman. Highly rated by some draft guides (48th by hockey prospects, 59th by FC, 62nd by ISS). Not sure if he will ever pan out given his size and average skating but PP QB skill is undeniable.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Forsling's name sounds like we got some sort of Hobbit version of a Forsberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad