GDT: Canuck Players’ Year End Media Availability

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Seems like management is cognizant that even under BB - including the inflated bump - we still aren’t a top ten team.

And we weren’t a top ten team with best in the league 5 on 5 goaltending.

But but but bruce there it is na na na i don’t want to acknowledge the shortcomings.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seems like management is cognizant that even under BB - including the inflated bump - we still aren’t a top ten team.

And we weren’t a top ten team with best in the league 5 on 5 goaltending.

But but but bruce there it is na na na i don’t want to acknowledge the shortcomings.
There’s a certain forum (not this one) that is going to absolutely implode when Bruce moves on and Miller is traded. :laugh:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Rutherford is really doing what he can to explain to people exactly why the Canucks actually won games.

Is JR setting the table for big changes coming? No more Boudreau? No more Miller? Who else might be out from the core players? Garland?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Is JR setting the table for big changes coming? No more Boudreau? No more Miller? Who else might be out from the core players? Garland?

Boeser comes to mind.

I think he's preparing people for all the eventualities. Not necessarily would will happen but what very much could happen.

Reactions: Fatass

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Hard to replicate those numbers
Low end 70s high end 99 points? I’d bet he’s in that range next year. I’ll also bet if he’s traded the canucks don’t get those 70-99 points back for 2+ years.
Post automatically merged:

Sekeres is the biggest hack ever and consistently makes up shit to throw against the wall. 10/10 unreliable and shouldn’t be allowed here
I mean it’s not hard to believe - what coach wants to willingly be a lame duck coach after literally working near miracles?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Wonder if Klingberg is a target based on the D exit comments
Uhhhh, no.
No cap space, still.

Low end 70s high end 99 points? I’d bet he’s in that range next year. I’ll also bet if he’s traded the canucks don’t get those 70-99 points back for 2+ years.

I mean it’s not hard to believe - what coach wants to willingly be a lame duck coach after literally working near miracles?
Goalposts moved to 70 already hmm..
99 points.
How many seasons miller getting near 99 until 2031?

Idk why ppl keep thinking we're gunning for playoffs and even trying to replace those points. If we trade him clearly we're not.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We are so lucky to have JR.

I kinda like this Allvin guy too..

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Uhhhh, no.
No cap space, still.

Goalposts moved to 70 already hmm..
99 points.
How many seasons miller getting near 99 until 2031?

Idk why ppl keep thinking we're gunning for playoffs and even trying to replace those points. If we trade him clearly we're not.
What do you mean goalposts? He’s scored a low of 72 and a high of 99 with the canucks - I bet he scores somewhere in that range if healthy for the next few years.

Those points have to be replaced and preferably via the trade whether it’s a prospect who hits ~70 points in the coming years or a first Round pick that hits ~70 points or is a stellar Dman down the road.

I mean you’re talking trade and don’t think that trade can eventually make up those points with the assets we get via the trade some day? Yikes. Fire the GM then.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The quotes on Hamonic after he left make me think he was a significant problem.

Yah I think so too but ….. for him to say “it’s still not 100% yet” makes me think something isn’t great in the room. Lucky TM57 is too dumb to be able to give generic hockey answers lol

Reactions: geebaan

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I am also really liking the talk of expanding non roster budget. Getting a new training facility and better medical staff+facilities would be massive for this organization.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Kinda funny watching JR and PA presser. JR is the “president” yet he’s answering questions about coaching contract, JTM contract , zone exits etc etc while the fake GM PA sits and watched.

The roles need to be defined clearly. A president should talk about season ticket prices , the building improvements, directives for next years ceremonies etc.

The GM (Alvin) should be talking about contracts , how they want to play (younger and faster) , cap space etc.

Alvin cannot make a trade or signing (a GMs job) without JR liking / approving it.

Lame Duck

I am also really liking the talk of expanding non roster budget. Getting a new training facility and better medical staff+facilities would be massive for this organization.

They didn’t mention the burgundy seats or stupid whale logo. Wasted opportunity to directly ask those things.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
While he was talking about this..It almost sounded like he was criticizing Boudreau’s system….

During the press conference he took great lengths not to criticism the defensive personnel. Mentioned how it was a lack of structure that lead to the poor outlet passing and zone exits. It didn't necessarily sound like he was criticizing Boudreau but if it's not the players then it's the coaching. The other explanation is that there's a belief that with a full training camp, more games, and some roster tweaks and this can be fixed. Now that's assuming that Rutherford is being totally honest in his player evaluations. I don't necessarily believe he is as it doesn't help anyone to criticize anyone on the team given every single one of them are signed for next year and many trade candidates.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
During the press conference he took great lengths not to criticism the defensive personnel. Mentioned how it was a lack of structure that lead to the poor outlet passing and zone exits. It didn't necessarily sound like he was criticizing Boudreau but if it's not the players then it's the coaching. The other explanation is that there's a belief that with a full training camp, more games, and some roster tweaks and this can be fixed. Now that's assuming that Rutherford is being totally honest in his player evaluations. I don't necessarily believe he is as it doesn't help anyone to criticize anyone on the team given every single one of them are signed for next year and many trade candidates.
I dont know..but honestly..sounds like JR is not giving Boudreau his extension, and simultaneously publicly breaking his balls about lack of' structure' in the teams play.

If I was Boudreau, I wouldnt be too thrilled with what I heard from JR today...Doesnt sound like any kind of victory was scored there.

• Haha

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

And that is completely fine. We wont be competing for the cup the next 2 years.

JR, just like Bruce, is a wonderful breath of fresh air. They actually answer questions. There is a clear message.

8 years of umm yeah's and Travis glares and snarky non-answers... Boy-o-boy.

Biggest take away. They are not looking to extend Bruce beyond his current contract at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad