Post-Game Talk (GBU): Can't they do anything right?

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I would agree that was the case in the past but how many are left on the roster that this truly applies to?

This team is mostly kids or farm hands battling hard for jobs next year. Its also why this team won't get a top 3 pick.

I suppose we will find out soon enough...I hope you are right, but the old culture will not disappear over night....and that is not to advocate for more trades...but rather that it is going to take time to change the culture of that locker room.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
If we make the playoffs the irony would hurt. Can't make the playoffs when darcy tries to. Go full rebuild and we make the playoffs

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I think your math is off.

And change your avatar already.

The math is off, but not by as much as we may think. Probably gotta win 8 of 10 for sure, but we do play most of the teams right ahead of us. Some twice. The other two are Boston and PIT, but we've beat them. Don't want to come off as optimistic, but there is a potential(but almost impossible)cinderella story there.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
What if the Sabres squeeze into he playoffs and Minny misses out...
Miller gets hot, the Sabres, despite no player having more than 1 goal, defeat the Penguins 2-1 in game 7 to move on to the 2nd round...
the hockey world is buzzing as the Sabres upset the Montreal Canadiens in 5 games to move to the conference finals. Kevin Porter leads the team with 3 goals...
they lose the first one, but come back and win 3 in a row against the big bad bruins, but need a 7th game to defeat their opponents as Cody Hodgson scores in triple OT...
Game 6, Sabres down 3-2 in the series against the Blackhawks. Tied 1-1 in the 3rd period of overtime until this happens... At 14:51 of the third overtime period, Patrick Kane scored off of a rebound from inside the crease over a sprawling Ryan Miller to end the series and award Chicago the Stanley Cup...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Miller gets hot, the Sabres, despite no player having more than 1 goal, defeat the Penguins 2-1 in game 7 to move on to the 2nd round...
the hockey world is buzzing as the Sabres upset the Montreal Canadiens in 5 games to move to the conference finals. Kevin Porter leads the team with 3 goals...
they lose the first one, but come back and win 3 in a row against the big bad bruins, but need a 7th game to defeat their opponents as Cody Hodgson scores in triple OT...
Game 6, Sabres down 3-2 in the series against the Blackhawks. Tied 1-1 in the 3rd period of overtime until this happens... At 14:51 of the third overtime period, Patrick Kane scored off of a rebound from inside the crease over a sprawling Ryan Miller to end the series and award Chicago the Stanley Cup...

Ive seen this movie and it ends with a 13 yr old me crying in a corner.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

I'd be glad. To see that happen. I'd LOVE to watch some meaningful hockey around here. If we lose in the SC and that's the path we take?? Hell ****ing yeah, I'd love that.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Well at least it wouldn't be an illegal goal :sarcasm:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Scott played well, I thought. Nice interview bomb.

- Ott was doing his job in several ways
- Pysyk with the stick is fun to watch. SO active. Great gap control, good poking the puck without throwing himself off balance completely (Myers)...and good passes, tape to tape. I'm excited to watch him grow
- Ennis played well
- my confidence, or comfort, with Flynn/Porter/Linemate on the ice, is high... very safe, simple game...they also do a decent job as a duo on the PK

I think we're seeing better games the last 4-6 from Myers, Foligno, and Stafford...which is nice...though they still have a lot to do to get back to relevance, at least it's not intolerably putrid hockey.

I enjoy wins like this. Sucks for Le Tanque, but I've a hard time rooting for losses, as good as it would be to get a top 3 pick.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
good- another win :P

curious what happened to CoHo, was he injured or benched for an extended time? seemed like he didn't play the first 10 minutes of the second.

edit:never mind checked the game thread

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I thought that was Myers' best game of the year. He was very, very good.

This defense is miles better without Leopold and Regehr. I also like Flynn's game. Resembles Pominville's game - he's just quicker.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Pysyk is really good.

I am surprised with some of the offensive skill Pardy has shown. Outside of a knack for getting called on ticky-tack minors I think he's played well.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
More a concern they would dip into the Amerks for another body with all the other nicks and bruises they have up front up here. Rochester needs all the help they can get now.

Rochester has extra players sitting. Buffalo had none.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G: Contribution by Scott

B: Where was Gerbe?

U: Methot torpedo of John Scott's knee

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Scott looks like he's having fun. It must be weird for him to be put in a situation where he actually gets to play hockey :laugh:

AxxVicarious

Nov 13, 2011
Weber seems to be on a really nice streak of good games, and that shot-block was clutch

Basically all of the Amerks players were also good, their feistiness seems to have lit a match under even the vets this game.

John Scott looked a bit shaken up when Methot literally dove at his knees, but he was out there 45 seconds later talking crap to Methot and Neil on the Sens bench so I think he's okay. Not sure if they showed any of that on TV as I was at the game, but he was pretty pissed off at both Neil and Methot. He also was trying to get started with Neil all game, and the only team Neil actually came over was right after he got hit in the knee, then Kaleta interrupted Neil.

notHiro

Feb 22, 2009
I'm really close to making a Kevin Porter and Brian Flynn appreciation topic. These guys were called up to no fanfare, have stuck around since they've been called up, have been sound defensively and continue to occasionally contribute offensively. They've done everything I would hope for for a pair of young call ups. They're not flashy, but they play the game the right way, and the people in this area will take notice if they continue to develop like this.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Porter played great last night, looked faster than normal which helped him generate some buzz. Myers probably played his best game of the year which is good to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad