Post-Game Talk (GBU): Can't they do anything right?

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
The Bad: Larsson with an ugly turnover that led to a Goal against.

Hmm... 20 years old, his first season on a different continent, different ice and new teammates, plays 60+ games, gets a call that he's gonna play in the big league, travel to SJ, gets pulled of the ice to know that he's getting traded... Packing bags? New teammates, new everything. Idk, maybe you can give him some slack for that turnover? :sarcasm:

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
G: - Flynn, Pysyk, Hecht, Ott
- everyone finishing checks
- the grind and the battle
- the camera panning the away bench, and noticing the look on each player's face...suddenly, it appears as though it's not so fun to come to Buffalo and play against the Sabres anymore...it looks down right painful. Huge.

B: Foligno

U: I'm actually excited about the thought of this team going on a winning streak and snagging the 8th seed.......

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
G: - Flynn, Pysyk, Hecht, Ott
- everyone finishing checks
- the grind and the battle
- the camera panning the away bench, and noticing the look on each player's face...suddenly, it appears as though it's not so fun to come to Buffalo and play against the Sabres anymore...it looks down right painful. Huge.

B: Foligno

U: I'm actually excited about the thought of this team going on a winning streak and snagging the 8th seed
me and you might be the only ones :laugh:

:dunno: Like I've said a few times...though it's pretty easy to say that a top-3 pick would be fantastic for this franchise, i have a real tough time rooting for losses...and still yelped when Hecht scored the 4th goal last night.

It's in the blood

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
me and you might be the only ones :laugh:

:dunno: Like I've said a few times...though it's pretty easy to say that a top-3 pick would be fantastic for this franchise, i have a real tough time rooting for losses...and still yelped when Hecht scored the 4th goal last night.

It's in the blood
Don't worry, I'm still around too. I will never watch a game and root for my team to lose. Closest I'll get is once they're mathematically eliminated, I tend to watch other gams that matter over Sabre games.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Don't worry, I'm still around too. I will never watch a game and root for my team to lose. Closest I'll get is once they're mathematically eliminated, I tend to watch other gams that matter over Sabre games.

Yeah...disclosure: I am aware of what an amazing "asset" a top-3 pick would be for us. I'd LOOOOOVE to have MacKinnon. I'd certainly be ecstatic with Jones or Jrewain...but I just...can't...do it. I can't get myself to pull for losses, even in meaningless games. It's bad, I know...it's shortsighted, I know... but I really can not help it.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Yeah...disclosure: I am aware of what an amazing "asset" a top-3 pick would be for us. I'd LOOOOOVE to have MacKinnon. I'd certainly be ecstatic with Jones or Jrewain...but I just...can't...do it. I can't get myself to pull for losses, even in meaningless games. It's bad, I know...it's shortsighted, I know... but I really can not help it.

I have good news!! Your rooting for a win has no impact on the outcome of the game!

Now you can root for your favorite team and still sleep at night.

;)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Bad? No. Just no.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I was at the game -- my last for the year barring playoffs. I find it hard to cheer for them to lose. Impossible. If they lost, it wouldn't have killed me but I always want a win. I hate the Senators too.
I really noticed Luke Adam out there, not just on the goal. He made a couple of slow plays too. But the kid is giving everything he's got, I think he knows his stock his way down and he's falling off the NHL radar. Not sure it's enough. He's a tad slow. He's going to need to be very good/better with the puck than he's been to compensate. Is he up to it?

Criispen

Jan 14, 2013
Sweden
I was at the game -- my last for the year barring playoffs. I find it hard to cheer for them to lose. Impossible. If they lost, it wouldn't have killed me but I always want a win. I hate the Senators too.
I really noticed Luke Adam out there, not just on the goal. He made a couple of slow plays too. But the kid is giving everything he's got, I think he knows his stock his way down and he's falling off the NHL radar. Not sure it's enough. He's a tad slow. He's going to need to be very good/better with the puck than he's been to compensate. Is he up to it?
Certainly looks like he's got some motivation and confidence back, he looked ecstatic after he scored. Wouldn't surprise me if he works HARD to earn a spot on the team next season. I always liked the guy, it was sad to see him get destroyed by Lindy.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester

I'm here too. Can't give up on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad